cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back order - Batches and Expiry - VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to pull a customers back order report from ZSDPIPE.  I have a list of Order#'s and the items for which I have to find the batch and expiry for each line item in the order. I use VA02 to go into the order and then I click on "Item batch Determination" icon as shown in the picture to take the batch and the expiry details.

I have to go thru the same process for every single line item available in the back order report. I tried to change layouts in ZSDPIPE to get the batch and expiry but it does not work and we do not have an option to do it.

Can we pull batch and expiry date using sales order for the items available on the list in a much easier way? I mean like pulling it as a report itself.

Let me knwo if the above is not clear.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As you are already using Z-report for the report, take the help of ABAP consultant & add the additional columns to fetch the Batch expiry date in the same report.

Or

2. Using SE16N fetch the batches for sales orders using VBAP-CHARG & pass Batch (CHARG) & (MATNR) in MCHA & fetch the Expiry date (VFDAT).

Or create a query for the same.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh, Thank you for responding. I logged into SE16N and found VBAP and also located CHARG. I am not sure what you have mentioned above as "pass Batch and MCHA" .Could you please let me know what it is. Thank you.

Regards,

Delfina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After getting the Batch numbers in VBAP table. Go to table MCHA & enter the batch numbers in MCHA-CHARG. Then you will get MCHA-VFDAT which will be the expiry date.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh, Thank you for the response. I tried in SE16N and I tried to give sales order in VBAP-CHARG. The point is that the batch column shows blank. It does not show any batches against the sales orders and the items. This table is really the one which we need because we can input the sales order but the batch column shows Blank. Can you help me to identify what the reason could be.

But the table you suggested is the best and its a good answer though. Can you help me rectify this please.

Thank you.

Delfina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in SE16N and I tried to give sales order in VBAP-CHARG. The point is that the batch column shows blank. It does not show any batches against the sales orders and the items.

If the batches are maintained in the sales order, it would certainly show in the table.

Check below screenshots.

Now take the Batch & pass it in MCHA table field CHARG & you would get the details.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Umesh. I did every step as mentioned above in the screen shots which are very clear. Thank you.

In VA02, I enter the sales order, I select the line item and then click on "Item batch determination" icon shown at the bottom to get the batch and expiry details. This is how I take the batch details.

I do not see the batch details in the first screen of the T-code VA02. We do not normally batch the item at the time the sales order is created. What do I do at this juncture..

Thank you

Delfina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought that you are fetching the details of batch expiry date from the sales order.

In that case, do you save the sales order after the batch determination is done in VA02? What is the purpose? Else, I suppose, it has to be done as you are doing it currently .

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I am trying to fetch the Batch and expiry details from VA02 only. This is a tedious process and I am trying to get a way thru this to minimize the time taken on this. I only copy the batches and expiry and put in as a report and I send across to the concerned person.

I do not batch the items. I think the warehouse people batch the items. We do not see the batches in the first screen of VA02 instaed i need to take another step and click on "Item batch determination' to get to the next screen line by line to get the batch details. I am wondering where else I can get the batch and expiry for the sales orders so that I can cut short this long process

Any thoughts on this

Thanks

Delfina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the warehouse people batch the items.

Just for my clarification..what is the purpose of going to VA02 and determining the batch . It may anyways change at the later time.

Else, you could have gone with Automatic batch determination in Sales Order.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

This is a report that i take and send it across to my customer. ?Yes I agree that the batches change and every week I send the report. in VA02 I jus copy the batch and paste it to an excel sheet which has sales orders and item #. This is the back order report that I do for my customers.

Let me know if I am still not clear on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood your point but I am not sure how to address your issue .

If you want to only know which is the batch number will be determined in the sales order for reporting purpose, I am not sure of any alternate way . Check if the below thread would be of any use..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1765870

Regards,

Umesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The report what you had mentioned is a customized one developed by your ABAPer and I am not sure whether the coding logic has considered standard TCode MB5M which will list out expired materials. 

G. Lakshmipathi