SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of additional Switch BC sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've recently activated several business functions for Utilities via the Switch framework.

Apparently a few additional BC-sets have been saved with inconsistencies and therefore not all Switch BC sets are "on"

The reason for this inconsistency is that SAP delivered standard entries in the BC-set while in there exist no such entries in the system database table.

The activation of this switch is ended with error "Activation ended" reason is "Differences between BC Set and system Data"

My question: How can this be resolved?

Also, I suspect that is not necessary that all additional BC-sets are activated in order to have a good working IS-U environment

Important remark: I'm not able to find these additional BC-sets through transactions SCPR20 or SCPR3 (only the general ones are there) Why is this?

Thank you,

Krgds

Joke

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joke,

First, in TA SCPR3 you have to set your settings to allow displaying Switch BC sets.
-> Utilities ->User Settings . Then select option 'Allow displaying Switch BC sets'
             TA SCPR20 is use for Classic BC sets

Second, Non-cascading do not automatically unpack BC sets in all clients. Therefore, depending how the activation was triggered may influence in which client the BC sets are activated. If the BC sets are activated by the transport of Switch Framework settings, most probably they were activated in client 000 only.
You may require extra options to activate the BC sets, i.e. activate them in Logon Client.

See SAP Consulting note 1909425 and its PDF attachment.

From the provided attachment, I could see that you already accessed TA SFW_BROWSER.
From the BC set screen, you have access to the Activation log ('page' icon next to the 'Activate' icon).

Regards, Pascale