cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic changing properties of HTML controls property in SAP GUI for HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was doing some test automation for SAP GUI for HTML and found that some of the HTML control properties such as "id" are dynamically changing from from one login to another as well as from in one page itself when come back to the same page. eg; the tree control in the SAP Easy Access page. I would like to know if there is any pattern for the value of the "id". For the tree control i mentioned i have seen the value of id strart with "cnt" then some numeic value ie (cnt89786). My automation test depends on this id property to find the object and since it's dynamically chagning the automation becomes challenging. Is there any pattern for this id value for each HTML control type. Is there any way i can set ITS to generate it as static value. Any other soultion for this is welcome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shinoj,

Which ITS release do you use? (external?, internal?, which NW-version? Which support package / patchlevel do you use?)

The id's used by the tree control have been changed recently. The cnt-values are not used any more for the tree control in the most recent versions. Instead we now use static id's most of the time.

Best regards,

Henning