cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer F4 values back to screen in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to make Product ID of SC field as collective search help where as Standard is Elementary Search Help(/SAPSRM/BBPH_PRODUCT) .

For this I have created an enhancment for WD Component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD and appended new field to structure /SAPSRM/S_CLL_SC_ITEM by using append structure. And removed the standard Product ID field from UI element and added a new colomn to table for which I have binded newly created field and attached the custom search help.

So far I was successfull, and when I press F4 on new field I'm able to see the search results and when I select the same, the selected item is not populating back to the table.

Please let me know If I'm missing anything.

Regards

Pavan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Instead of using a custom field you can assign your search help to the standard field itself...

DATA lo_nd_items TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lr_node_info TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node_info.

* navigate from <CONTEXT> to <ITEMS> via lead selection

lo_nd_items = wd_context->path_get_node( path = `COMP_CONTEXT.ITEMS` ).

IF lo_nd_items IS NOT INITIAL.

lr_node_info = lo_nd_items->get_node_info( ).

IF lr_node_info IS NOT INITIAL.

* Replace the standard search-help for Product id

CALL METHOD lr_node_info->set_attribute_value_help

EXPORTING

name            = `ORDERED_PROD`

value_help_mode = lr_node_info->c_value_help_mode-ddic

value_help      = 'ZSHLP'.<--custom shlp name here

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Try this.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks for the input.

I tried the way you said, but the problem is when I selected Product ID, from Searh help result, selected Product ID is not coming back to product ID field in SC table, rather Catagory ID is returning.

My search help is the copy of standard search help, just I have place two more field plant & GL Account in the copied search help to filter the values.

Can you please let me know what could be the missing thing.

Regards

Pavan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

When you create a search help there is one check box called Export.

Select the check box for the only field you want to pass to the screen.

If you select two or more then the first field value with the check box selected will be returned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debug WDDOMODIFYVIEW to see if the context attribute has the selected value after you select the value from the F4 help popup on UI.

If there is no value, your search help set up or its assignment structure field needs to be checked.

Regards,

Sushil.