cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in fail status in adapter engine queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few messages in holding status in RWB and when checked the AE queues the first message is with status fail (not NDLV) and in message monitoring the status of that particular message is "cancelled with errors".

Error log - "Asynchronous error detected: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException".

I restarted the xpi messaging service in NWA but that did not help.Can you help with any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Kindly refer this SAP note : 1623356  

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Kindly follow the below options to solve the message failer issue in adapter engine.

Option 1

IS_Retry :A batch job( internal in XI) is automatically scheduled to reprocess the entry  after 2 minutes.

If the maximum number of retries was reached (10 by default; IS configuration  parameter

TUNING IS_RETRY_LIMIT), a communication error then causes a SYSFAIL  status for a queue.

Option 2 The problem with setting IS_RETRY is that every  message with a failure status will be retried every 2minitues till the maximum  number of retries is reached. Since there is no control on the retry period , a  high retry count could cause excessive load on XI. The other option is to do Mass Restart  by  scheduling the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES.

Best Regards,

Monikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monikandan,

what you suggest is valid for ABAP engine, it has no effects on the adapter engine, which is in Java part.

Regards,

Jörg

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see below thread :

http://scn.sap.com/message/10569514

Thanks,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,what you can do  check last month messages and see if there are any system error or somethings.And it is not required cancel all the backlogs.Free the queue and than try to pust the latest message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please check this blog.

http://scn.sap.com/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-x...

I hope It will help you to solve the problem.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already read that blog and my first message in EOIO queue is not in system error status  and is in status cancelled but still the message is blocking the queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

if you first message is cancelled (and removed from the queue), what about the second message?

Look for the first message that is not in final status (successful or cancelled) and resolve its problem.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

Normally messages goes to HOLDING status for EOIO. So search messages in adapter engine by using the parameter conversion id and sequence number.

Conversion ID is the queue name. Put dates for 1 week or 2 week and see if there are any system error message lying in AE which is blocking your other messages.

Cancel that system error message, then rest of your messages will be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Can you please share the screenshot with us.

In the meantime,what you can do,cancel the first message,take the payload of that message before cancelling it and try to resend the message again.

Please share the screenshot.Will try to solve the issue.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said the first message is already cancelled and the status is cancelled with errors but the EOIO queue shows the status as "FAIL" and I am unable to cancel or resend the message and the other messages are holding up.

I understand that FAIL is also final status but not sure why the message is holding the queue.