Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME & MII - Some basic questions

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to learn SAP Manufacturing and I'm looking into SAP products: MII & ME.

I have some basic questions that maybe some of you can answer or address to an SAP official documentation.

• SAP ME 6.x comes with SAP MII 12.0 component. Is there any need to install SAP MII as an external system in a single plant scenario? Why?
  • Is MII capable of historical data analysis? Does it have its own database to store collected data or it have to be performed only ​by SAP ME/ERP?
  • Can MII perform predictive analysis in order to prevent for instance plant failure or stock monitoring?
  • Which is the trade off based on your experience between performance and data volume in a real time scenario?
  • MII is specifically designed for Integration with shop floor. What are the main advantages of using MII instead of PI? (i.e. performances, low TCD/TCO, real time monitoring)

I have already some answers on these questions but I want to have a valuable feedback from the community based on your experience with the two products.

Thanks a lot

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

As concerns your questions about ME, please check this document - it should give you the overview of how ME uses MII for integration with ERP.

And a link to online help on ERP-to-ME Integration.

As to your question about trade off, it sounds like a sizing task. Please search through SCN and SAP Notes - I have a filling like someone posted some document on MII sizing there. SAP ME sizing is described in SAP Note 1406846.

Regards,

Sergiy

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks... I really like the ME - ERP integration document...

Answers (0)