Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock in livecache

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is to create the safety stock in live cache with category SR.

The following activities have been done,

1.Cretaed the custom key figure, time series one. Key figure function 3003 assigned to that key figure.

2.Adjusted the safety stock macro with the custom key figure.

3. The custom key figure is assigned in the node "Make SNP key figure available for CTM".

And then run the PPDS heuristics to create the safety stock in live cache, but the log shows no safety stock is created in live cache.

Did I miss something pl let help me to resolve the issue.

BR
Thamizh 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

You might want to check safety stock setting in transaction /n/sapapo/mvm, under ppds section.

For "Take Safety Stock into Account", you need to select option '3 (Consider Safety Stock Requirements in SAP liveCache)'.

Please check and let me know if this solves you issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I have this version settings even after I am having this problem.

BR

Thamizh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

If i try to divide the problem, there are mainly three sections of it, i believe you are trying to create static safety stock here.

1) Creation of custom key figure and its assignment.

2) Choosing safety stock method in location/product master.

3) PPDS part,

I believe 2nd and 3rd part should not be much of the issue, please recheck first part - creation of custom key figure and its assignment (including macro settings).

Please also check if below link is of any help to you.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Scenario+-+Dynamic+Safety+Stock+in+PPDS+Planning

Rgds

Sourabh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for the wiki page it speaks about the virtual dynamic safety stock. And it seems Dynamic safety stock can not be created in live cache.

BR

Thamizh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is clear that the

Real safety stock requirements can only be used with static safety stock methods. (Time-dependent methods are not supported.) and hence closing the thread.

BR

Thamizh