cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from IDM to GRC Failing.

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I have IDM 7.2 sp8 implemented and I'm integrating GRC 10 for Risk Analysis only. I'm running the commons job and receiving the error below. Has anyone seen this error before?

Regards,

Curtis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Curtis,

your screen shot shows an UnknownHostException which occurs in VDS. This indicates that VDS cannot connect to GRC using the hostname "cnal08v035" that you have in your VDS/GRC configuration.

Have you verified that you can ping this hostname from a shell on the VDS machine? Maybe there's a typo in there, or you need to use the fully qualified hostname instead.

Should any more problems remain after you have the hostname problem resolved, you may want to refer to my blog post regarding analysis of GRC web service calls in VDS SP8. Maybe that can help.

Best regards,

Lambert

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lambert, your tip lead me to look at the server name throughout the configuration.

The problem was infrastructure adding a redirect to the wrong server in the ETC host File (C/windows/system32/drivers/ETC).

The had listed the ip address, fully qualified host name, (another server name) which was causing the error. I removed the additional server name that was in the error message and it was able to communicate and call the web service in GRC for the inital commons job to run.

Thanks for the help.

Curtis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

When you are integrating GRC 10.0 with SAP IDM 7.2 , you have to do some configuration in SOAMANAGER.

Please refer to the thread http://scn.sap.com/message/13958679

All the best !!

~ Krishna.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Curtis, please make sure that the GRC web services are turned on.

Matt

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey there Matt,

I've checked the web services several times, the one thing that they aren't doing is when I test them it does ask for userid and password of the GRC system but when I login it's a blank screen. Should that be showing the GRC screen or since it's a WS call is it supposed to be blank?

Is there any other requirement on the GRC side besides turning on the web service and binding them in SOAMANAGER?

Curtis