Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation as a follow-up action during UD

haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is the requirement:

While taking usage decision for a Material - X, as per the results recorded, the QI decides to post the stock to another material-Y. So in this case let's call Y as down graded material.

Can we create an inspection lot for Y by activating an inspection type in QM view?

When I heard of above requirement, I thought creating a different UD code & assign a follow-up action, which creates Inspection lot for material Y.

So want to know if any one have came across this scenario. If yes, want to know the FM which can be used for creating an inspection lot in this scenario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari, Well, I really wonder if follow up action can work for this.

Inspection lot creation is governed by movement type and inspection type associated with material master. In your case, are you posting this quantity to new material tab in QA32, for transferring the stock from X to Y? If yes then this triggers 309 movement in background.

BTW, why you want to inspect material Y again, as I suppose it is the rejected one based on X's results?

Anand

haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand/Nitin,

When we choose to post to other material system will not trigger 309, 321 is only triggered.

By saying inspection lot creation, requirement is not to move the other material stock to QI.

We have custom built COA print program which requires inspection lot for Mat & batch combination to print. In this case for Y material.

We have achieved the requirement to create inspection lot for Y material by developing customized BAPI, where standard BAPI "QPL1_INSPECTION_LOT_CREATE" is called.

With this we achieved the requirement to trigger a manual lot creation for downgraded material.

Thanks a lot for sharing your views!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Try with activating inspection type 08 for the material.

Regards,

ntn

haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

08-Inspection type is active for the down graded material. In my view system will not refer to this inspection type as, 08 - inspection lot origin is not assigned to 321 Movt.

Regards,

Hari

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari ,

Sorry I misinterpreted your query.

But Yes, Anand is right. Why do you need this downgraded material to go into QI stock again? Once you have inspected X, same characteristics would be copied to Y also. Any specific reason for further inspection ??

Besides, the link between movement types and inspection lot origin is pre-defined and cannot be reset.

For the cases where you need inspection lot origin to be assigned to a specific movement type, you need to create a customized variant and assign this to required origin. 

Regards,

ntn