SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a payment which is not cleared with any open item is split into different main transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where a payment lot of 110,13- Euro  was split into 2 different sub-items with different mains (0060 and 0600) and was open on account. i.e. was not cleared with any other open item. What could be a possible reason of this split into different mains. Where in config can I look to see this split into different mains.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks,

Priyanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priyanka,

I believe the current scenario can come when you receive over payment (more than debit items open) so half of it gets cleared and other stays open (0060/0010) . In your case i feel the cleared part of payment was reset cleared resulting in 0600/0010 which is now open also .so you can see the payment was split up into different main -sub(0060 and 0600) .

you can verify if this is what has happened by going to account balance and double clicking on 0600/0010 , a message should appear at the bottom "Clearing was reset".you can also then click on  Environment and previously cleared item to look at what main sub the payment was previously cleared with before reset .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priyanka,

I believe the current scenario can come when you receive over payment (more than debit items open) so half of it gets cleared and other stays open (0060/0010) . In your case i feel the cleared part of payment was reset cleared resulting in 0600/0010 which is now open also .so you can see the payment was split up into different main -sub(0060 and 0600) .

you can verify if this is what has happened by going to account balance and double clicking on 0600/0010 , a message should appear at the bottom "Clearing was reset".you can also then click on  Environment and previously cleared item to look at what main sub the payment was previously cleared with before reset .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka.

Recently William helped me resolve the similar issue. Maybe this thread could help you, if your question is still valid:

Marko