cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Lock at CA not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to block the payments coming from EBS via FPB7 and also by Payment lot via FP05 by putting an incoming payment lock at CA level.

I have created locks in customizing Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->Define Payment Lock Reasons.

and Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Postings and Documents->Basic Settings->Define Lock Reasons for Posting Locks (Clearign lock only).

However when I am trying to post a payment lot, the amount is posted and cleared with open items on account. I need to avoid this.

I was told to create ZFM for event 259, but I doesnt gets triggered. Can someone help me on which event should be configured to avoid payment via FPB7/FP05 and move it to clarification worklist.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Event 259 is for returns processing.

You have to enhance event 243 to cater your requirement.

This event enables you to add customer- specific fields and field INFOF (information field) to the payment lot item.

Now depending on what type of payment you want to post to Clarification worklist, set the field FKKZP_ADD-XKLAE = 'X'.

If you don't want to post them from clarification worklist, then you need to enhance event 262 as well.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply.Is the event 243 going to work for fpb7 EBS(electronic bank statement) payments well.

Thanks

Priyanka

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

If you are creating a payment lot for the EBS payments through transaction FPB7, then event 243 should work.

Alternatively, you can re-format the EBS payment file and pass in into program RFKKZE00 (FPB3), which would do the same functionality as FPB7 does and would trigger event 243

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

As always thanks for your reply...

This Event 243 works for FPB7 as well. Thanks again!!

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

The user aparently doesnt want to post the payment via clarification worklist as well.. I tried to test the event 262 but it doesnt get triggered when posting via FPCPL. Could there be any other event which can be used to block payment via clarification worklist?

Thanks in advance.

Priyanka

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I think you have not put the check i_clarification = 'X' in event 262 in the custom FM.

The parameter I_CLARIFICATION shows that the specifications are being changed in clarification processing. So you have to put that in the custom FM.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Indeed but the Fm FKK_SAMPLE_0262 has import parameters only, with no export parameters.

i_clarification = 'X' is import parameter, should I check if this field = 'X' and in case if it is then what should be my next step?

Do i update the field i_dfkkzp-xklae = X. How should I ensure this clarification doesnt happend for the items via FPCPL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to issue Error messages in that event based on the conditions that you are checking.  As soon as you issue the error message payment posting would stop. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

A quick update on this now the users have changed their requirement. For some specific CA's they dont want to perform any kind of postings at all...There are two options I was thinking

1.  I was wondering if we can provide posting block. Currently this is not present in the CA screen but via BDT I think that is possible. If we provide the posting block at the CA level will it be feasible to block any kind of posting on that CA, i.e no invoicing, no dunning, no payment, no clearing for that CA.

2. Is there any FQevent which I can used to provide the above feature...i.e no postings (no invoicing, no dunning, no payment, no clearing ) for some particular CA's. In this case we need to consider some lock at CA level.

Any inputs on this are welcome, which will be an easy option.

Thanks,

Prianka