Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase/MultiPhase jumps to start when status changes... :-(

christian_frier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use a phase indicator UI element with items populated with the multiplephase element below. When the process has many steps, the user can step to the next steps/page with the arrow on the right hand side of the UI element.

It is very annoying that when I change the status on one of the steps it looks like the whole phase indicator is redrawn and shows the firs N number of steps (depending on how wide the window is). So the user has to page to the right place on the process every time a step changes status... And the users quickly get tired of this.

Am I overlooking the obvious here? Why can't I control what part of the phase is shown...?

(You can play with the standard web dynpro component DEMO_UIEL_STD_COMPLEX to see this behaviour).

/Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can control this with the firstVisiblePhase property.

Cheers,

Amy

christian_frier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does not work because all my steps have the same id 'MULTIPLEPHASE'. As far as I can see it only works when you manually add the phases to the phaseindicator (and therefore can give the phases different names).

/Christian

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you are creating the phases with dynamic programming, you can set a unique ID for each phase during instantiation of the CL_WD_PHASE object (see parameter ID in the constructor). You can also set the firstVisiblePhase property of the PhaseIndicator UI element dynamically with method CL_WD_PHASE_INDICATOR->SET_FIRST_VISIBLE_PHASE.

Cheers,

Amy

christian_frier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I guess you are right.

But I thought that the whole point of the multiplephase was to avoid the dynamic programming... It is far less usefull if it is only a lame version of a real phase... ;-/

Thanks.

/Christian

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

So I haven't tried this myself, but I figure the system must generate a unique ID behind-the-scenes for each Phase object in a MultiplePhase. I wonder if you included an ID attribute in the MultiplePhase's dataSource context node if the system would use the ID provided, and then you would know what Phase ID to use for the PhaseIndicator's firstVisiblePhase property? Just brainstorming.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (0)