cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding metadata to objects in model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am troubling on how to add and store metadata with objects in model. I noticed that some of the SAP examples contains metadata fileds that have specific type (e.g. boolean or numeric, etc). However if I just add a metadata field to object I coudl not specify a type there.

Also I have troubles to see this matadata later in Viewer if I store it as .rh or .vds file. Apparently I am doing something wrong there but coudl not figure what.

Did someone knows how to deal with metadata in Visual Enterprise Author?

Best regards, Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

In short you cannot specify if a metadata entry is numeric or text. When you create some metadata it is stored in a varchar datatype. I have performed a small test on a model here and created some metadata. One with 'text' in the value and one with a 'numeric' value. When you then perform a Metadata search e.g. use 'F3' in Author and select 'Query' tab -> 'Add Filter -> Metadata' you will see the query tool automatically shows which are 'Numeric' and which are 'Text' just by virture of its contents.

I have also saved out the sample file to .RH and .VDS formats and could find my test Metadata. Please check your model using the 'F3' search functionality in Author & Viewer. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that in VEA 8.0.0.2 that the ability to add string types to metadata through the node properties dialog has been broken.

Click on a node in the hierarchy

select metadata tab

click Add Category (Green +)

enter text

click ok.

Nothing added.