Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in System Refresh

former_member190251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing system refresh activity by this weekend.

Source system is : PRD

Target system is : QAS

DB: Oracle.

My qurery is:

What are the files in the filesystem to be deleted/

Steps to retain the Variants in Target.

My Source data is 3TB, How to speed up the BDLS after completing the refresh activity

Regards

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Pls refer below links for system refresh/system copy prerequisites ,

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To speed up BDLS there are a number of things you can do the runtime. by performing the following steps.

1. Run BDLS in test mode

2. From the BDLS logs find the tables with the largest rows that need to be modified. (eg VBRP)

2. Create a separate tablespace - PSAPSR3BDLS

3. Create an new index on VBRP as follows

CREATE INDEX SAPSR3."VBRP~ZB" ON SAPSR3.VBRP (MANDT, LOGSYS) NOLOGGING TABLESPACE PSAPSR3BDLS PARALLEL;

4. Alter index

ALTER INDEX SAPSR3."VBRP~ZB" NOPARALLEL;

5. Analyze index

ANALYZE INDEX SAPSR3."VBRP~ZB" ESTIMATE STATISTICS SAMPLE 2 PERCENT;

6. Run the BDLS for VBRP.

7. Create a number of indexes for some of the larger tables using the methods shown above.

8. Run BDLS but exclude the larger tables identified in step 2.

8. Schedule individual BDLS runs for each of the large tables, these should be staggered at intervals of 30mins.

9. Once complete drop the indexes created as above.

Regards

Mark

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

1. If you are doing system refresh activity using backup restore/recovery method then you have to delete oracle data files, online redo, archive & control files on target system before starting restore of source database. After refresh you can delete job logs and sys logs.

2. To save variants you can either create transport of copies or create export dump for below tables:

VARI, VARID, VARIT, VARIS, VARINUM. Let me know if you are not clear about this.

3. Before 620 release there was process to run BDLS in parallel sessions but methods are still there for new release to improve performance and complete BDLS quickly. Please go through these links properly:

http://scn.sap.com/people/hari.peruri/blog/2006/11/01/execute-conversion-of-logical-system-names-bdl...

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/BDLS+Performance+Problems

Thanks,

Manish Singh

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for the stsep by step procedure for System Copy.

Let me know both Source and Traget system pach Support pack and kernel version should be in same level?

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos