cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service found for namespace /SAP/ , ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

when testing a gateway service with the gateway client we are facing this error message. We are confident that the system aliases are configured correctly.  Our system landscape is as follows:

System IDMeaningSystem Alias

Status of service

after registration

D01

Development Business Suite - Client 600

• Component BEP installed
  • Trusted RFC connection established and remote login successfully tested

D01_600

• GW checknox : FALSE
  • Local App checkbo : TRUE
Working
D02Development Gateway Hub - Client 001

D02_001

• GW checknox : TRUE
  • Local App checkbo : FALSE
Working
P01

Production Business Suite - Client 600

• Component BEP installed
  • Trusted RFC connection established and remote login successfully tested

P01_600

• GW checknox : FALSE
  • Local App checkbox : TRUE
Working
P02Production Gateway Hub - Clinet 001

P02_001

• GW checknox : TRUE
  • Local App checkbo : FALSE
Failure

As you can see our development systems are customized and setup as our production systems.

We generated runtime objects in our development system and out of these classes (methods) we are calling RFCs of the business suite by providing RFC destination. We were testing successfully our application by using the system alias D02_001 (Business Suite Alias, Local App enabled), its production counterpart P02_001 is failing.

We also implemented some direct mappings with SEGW. But if I understand the implementation these mappings are not utilizing the system aliases but are assigned to individual RFC destination.

I tried to apply the solutions mentioned in other discussions : they didnt worked for us

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add some information:

One of the SEGW projects is called: "Z_BC_SELECTION_VARAINT_SRV"

SICF Node:

/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BC_SELECTION_VARAINT_SRV

Service registration shows yellow resp. green light

Testing the service with GW client with the following URL

/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BC_SELECTION_VARAINT_SRV?$format=xml

is successful. It shows that selectionVariantSet is an entity set of that service.

Testing the service with GW client with the following URL (utilizing the entity set)

/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_BC_SELECTION_VARAINT_SRV/selectionVariantSet?$format=xml

fails with that message "No service found ....".

When I uncheck the checkbox : "Local App" for the system alias both URLs fail with that message.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try once without $format=xml ? I had seen some services erroring out because of this.

Also what else do you see in Error Log?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

that is the only error which is logged. I checked in Business Suite P01, I found the same error in the application log (transaction SLG1). I checked with the transaction SICF : The service doesnt exist in the Business Suite. But in development environment the service also doesnt exist. But despite that the service is fully functional in development environment. Maybe the error message is a little bit misleading.

Regards,

Rene

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

What do you mean by you could not find the service in Dev server as well?

Did you check in SICF transaction?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I made some screenshots to desribe the problem better. As it is too hard to do this with the SCN editor I created a PDF . I cant attach a PDF but I shared a dropbox link instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trsgmdgqptb2o9y/Service%20in%20namespace%20SAP%20not%20found.pdf

Regards

Rene

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trying to understand the problem,

Your System Alias config seems good. In your scenario, all you need is local app flag unchecked. SO that is good.

The fact that metadata loads, but not the query is strange.

This might be because metadata might be coming from the cache. So clear the metadata cache using /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP.

Thanks

Krishna

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The RFC destination mentioned inside the System alias (in Hub system) D02_001, should point to the Business Suite. I see that D02 is mentioned. Can you open it in Sm59 and check where is it pointing to?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

• CACHE_CLEANUP didnt helped
  • In the table which I posted orginially, I mixed 3rd with 4th row:
    • System Alias: P01_600 => Failure
    • System Alias: P02_001 => Working

D02 destination is the Gateway Hub. However in development environment I can successfully apply D01_600 to the GW services which is pointing to the Business Suite.

If my understanding is correct:

I need 1 system alias to point to the GW itself

• for this I have system alias P02_001/D02_001
  • this system alias is used in the IMG activity : SAP Netweaver Gateway settings

I need 1 system alias to point the Business Suite

• for this I have system alias P02_600/D02_600
  • this is working in development (D02_600), but failing in production (P02_600)
  • this system alias should be used for service implementation
  • this system alias has the local app checkbox checked

Regards,

Rene

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So problem is with System Alias now.

- System Alias in Gateway System (having IWFND)

- Should point to Business Suite (having IWBEP)

- Should NOT have Local App checked. (Since FND and BEP are in different systems)

- Should be visible in tcode /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, when you click on the service

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I guess I have a better understanding of BEP and FND now. I understand that we should have built the services in the Business Suite with the transaction SEGW. But we didnt do that, we built the services in the Gateway Hub and we are connecting to the Business Suite with RFC with destination Business Suite.

I guess that means the following:

• Both Local Gateway and Local App should be checked
  • RFC destination of the system alias should be the Gateway Hub
  • We dont need a system alias in our scenario for the Business Suite
  • We should do better next time

Is my understanding correct? Transaction SEGW is to be used in the Business Suite which has IWBEP.

That all doesnt explain though why it is working in the development environment

Thanks,

Rene

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Ah! Interesting.

Some corrections to your understanding

• Both Local Gateway and Local App should be checked - Yes
  • RFC destination of the system alias should be the Gateway Hub - NO- RFC destination will point to Suite now. This might sound confusing. This is how it works. If Local App is NOT checked, then RFC destination will be used to find the BEP system, else it is used to find the Business Suite.
  • We dont need a system alias in our scenario for the Business Suite - If you are not working on SEGW in Suite, then the system alias required by SEGW is also not required
  • We should do better next time: The current deployment scenario might be good too. In the current deployment scenario (the way development was done), you never will make any change to Suite. Also IWBEP SPs can be applied without effecting the Suite. So it has its advantages too.

These two blogs will be very usefull to you to decide how to go forward.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp05/helpdata/en/88/889a8cbf6046378e274d6d9cd04e4d/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/05/30/system-alias-and-routing-of-request-i...

Thanks

Krishna

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

If you have created the oData service in SE80 tcode, then try to manually transport the below config  (SPRO )entry to other system, then your issue will get resolved. Since i have got the same issue and find this after lot of analysis.

SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> Former Development ->OData Channel Development without IW_BEP -> Registration ->Assign Data Provider to Data Model .

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am facing same Issue on QAS server.

In Same project on DEV server working fine but in QAS server same project given me above error message.

I maintain Entry in SPRO

SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway

-> Former Development ->OData Channel Development without IW_BEP

-> Registration ->Assign Data Provider to Data Model .

but still facing problem on QAS server.

NOTE:- same project working fine on DEV server but I transfer TR from DEV server to QAS Server every thing is transfer. I can saw Project/NW service entry  on QAS server.

Please Help me.

Regards,

Pankaj Kamble

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have maintaining system Alias.

If  I maintaining the system Alias    SCHANDECCQAS1       to                   assign service then

we are getting below Screen.

No another service showed.  No List of services.

If I give service name it’s given service error messages. But if you saw in SEGW there are multiple services Available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If  I maintaining the system Alias    SCHANDECCQAS       to   service then getting bellow screen as error screen.

Please Guide me

Regards,

Pankaj Kamble

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether  view /IWFND/V_MGDPIM contains same entries in Quality as Dev system.

If not, transport these entries to Quality.

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

If I run That T-code.

I am getting error.   "Transaction  /IWFND/V_MGDPIM   does not exist"

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

go to tcode - SE11 or SE16 and check that table entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Naveen,

I have checked in both the tables in Both the systems (QAS & DEV) entry are same.

Nothing is missing in both the tables.

Regards,

Pankaj Kamble

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok. then i too do not have clue on this unless debug and check the issue. BTW, hope you have cleared the cache in the QAS system by using /iwfnd/cache_cleanup t-code. I suggest you to reach SAP support in case if it is not solving with the above steps.

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am facing same Issue on QAS server.

In Same project on DEV server working fine but in QAS server same project given me above error message.

I maintain Entry in SPRO

SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway

-> Former Development ->OData Channel Development without IW_BEP

-> Registration ->Assign Data Provider to Data Model .

but still facing problem on QAS server.

NOTE:- same project working fine on DEV server but I transfer TR from DEV server to QAS Server every thing is transfer. I can saw Project/NW service entry  on QAS server.

Please Help me.

Regards,

Pankaj Kamble

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I hope you have taken care of the following things.

1. As informed, you have added Data Provider to Data Model entries manually to TR and moved that TR to Quality system.

2. Cross check the quality system data with dev data & both should be same.

3. Clear the cache in Quality system by using /iwfnd/cache_cleanup.

4. Lastly you have to check the system alias settings in Quality and make sure that quality system alias is pointing to RFC destination after moving the changes to Quality.

If above points taken care, then it should work in quality as well. If not then, you need to contact SAP for further investigation i feel.

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have maintaining system Alias.

If  I maintaining the system Alias    SCHANDECCQAS1       to                   assign service then

we are getting below Screen.

No another service showed.  No List of services.

If I give service name it’s given service error messages. But if you saw in SEGW there are multiple services Available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If  I maintaining the system Alias    SCHANDECCQAS       to   service then getting bellow screen as error screen.

Please Guide me

Regards,

Pankaj Kamble