SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit centre not populated for receivable account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As per the settings we have maintained the configuration for co account assignment at Store CO Account Determination Key for IS-U Contracts under Document in spro.

After mapping the profit centre and cost centre we are finding that the profit centre is not getting populated for receivable g/l accounts and it is appearing for sales g/l. Cannot analyze why this is happening. Please can anyone help in this matter.

Regards

Charvi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that below setting is activated.

SPRO - FI - CA - Organizational Units - Set up Company Codes for Contract Account receivable and payable - (TFK001B) ....in that maintain Profit center in business partner items  as 1 (Allowed)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charvi,

Check the field status group assigned against the receivable GL A/c, whether the profit center is a suppressed field or not.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

The field status group assigned is not suppressed, if it was it would not be showing the profit centre for other co acc assignments, which were created earlier.

I guess i am missing some configuration or data at master level. Hope you have understood the issue.

Regards

Charvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charvi

Check the table 'MARC;.For every material corresponding profit center data will be there.If profit centre is not there for that particular material then profit centre field wont populate.

Thanks

Vamsi

0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

This is related to ISU, how would the material come into picture. At device level it is maintained, but how would it affect the debtors account.

Regards

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can go through the following notes 

1) 1468167 - Deriving the profit center in Contract A/R & A/P .

2) 1473984 - Profit center derivation in the utilities industry (IS-U) .

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO - FI - CA - Organizational Units - Set up Company Codes for Contract Account receivable and payable - (TFK001B) ....in that maintain Profit center in business partner items  as 1 (Allowed)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

Paresh/Santrupta,

All the settings which you are suggesting are for enhancement pack 4.0 above. We are still on Ehp0.

So those settings are not valid.

The strange thing is the old co acc assignements are working fine. Only the new ones do not get populated with profit centre for receivables and round off items.

Does anyone know at what stage does the profit centre get assigned. I was checking through this FM ISU_CODATA_DETERMINE. But was able to see only for sales and not debtors.

Does anyone know how to view the data of profit centre attached to the entry based on G/L. At fpe3 level again i am able to view only for sales but not for debtors.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Regards

Charvi

0 Kudos

Hi charvi , 

May be you are using substitution in FI to update Profit centers , have a look in Tcode -GGB1.

0 Kudos

Hi Charvi,

The profit Center for the Sales\revenue A/c is coming from EK02 transaction, where in you go and assign the profit center against the combination of Company Code\Div\AD ID\main Tr\Sub Tr.

Can you give a screen shot as to where you are expecting a profit center against a Debtors A/c.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Santrupta,

Thank you for your answer, it has been controlled through R/3. Now we are able to get the profit centre.

Regards

Charvi

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right. The functionality in question is available in standard only as of SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4.

Santrupta has mentioned right SAP notes for review.

Although event 1102 might be useful by long shot but I think you are better off by upgrading to package 4 as there will be minimal efforts post package upgradation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh