cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowable Filenames and Formats to upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently using Sourcing 9.0.06.01 version.

I got few requirements from client which I want someone to put some light on.

-->Filename with special characters - and _ should only be allowed. But other special characters like \/:*?"<> are allowed. Can I restrict them to - and _ only?

-->mp3 file formats are not allowed. But if we change the file format to .doc and upload, then they are getting uploaded. Can we restrict this?

-->mp3 file formats are not allowed. But if we compress (.zip) that file and upload, then they are getting uploaded. Can we restrict this?

Is there a way to achieve above 3 requirements?

Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently there are only 2 ways to restrict attachments. The first is the "whitelist" that we provide as a system property and the second is with the virus scanner that we can configure. The virus scanner will detect problem attachments that may contain virus or other malware. The whitelist only checks file extension. As you have seen renaming the file gets by this check.  There are certainly some disadvantages when you rename files to an extension other than what the content is. Someone on the "receiving" end of the attachment would have to know to rename it again to properly open/edit the document (in most cases).  In general it is a good idea to restrict RAR and ZIP files for attachments as they can contain just about anything...

Regards,

Gary

Answers (0)