Installing dispatchers on different server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

According to the Installation Overview guide we have a Mid-Size IdM Landscape:

• 1 Server for runtime components
  • 1 Server for the database
  • 1 Server with SAP NW AS Java and IdM UI
  • 1 Server for the Identity Center (MMC)
  • 1 Server for the Virtual Directory Server

We want all of our dispatchers to run on the Runtime Server. According to the installation guides you just have to copy the generated script files to the runtime server, where you have installed the runtime environment. How does the Identiy Center Console know where my dispatcher runs? Is this stored in the database?

Anyway, when testing the dispatcher scripts on the runtime server with "Dispatcher_Service_<dispatcher_name>.bat test checkconfig" we get an java error: Error loading java virtual machine DLL: G:\SAPJVM16\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

We are using SAP JVM 1.6 64-bit, could this be the problem? Do we have to use 32-bit?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raphael,

Take a look at this Blog. In it, I cover the process for installing your dispatcher on a system other than the designtime location.

It will go into some more detail regarding what Chris was talking about. 

Also watch out if you are installing to a LINUX server.  Even though this article discusses VDS, it still references a couple of things you should be careful of.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Server with the Identity Center we are running Java 32-bit, can I run the dispatchers on the separate server with 64-bit?

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

yes this is possible but take note of the Java runtime that must be installed if you are

running Oracle idM database as the Oracle client must be able to run on the remote host. The

runtime installation guide details these prerequisites.

regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you created the dispatcher scripts on a designtime host (MMC) host with different paths to jvm/jdbc drivers etc. than those of the runtime host you need to correct the .prop and .bat files so it matches the environment of the runtime host.

Br,

Per Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

The paths in the files should be correct, when testing the dispatcher I get this error:

Error loading java virtual machine DLL: G:\SAPJVM16\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.

Altought this file exists...