Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect from Mainframe to IQ using IBM CDC Solution

Dokon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Customer want to use CDC Solution that is IBM InfoSphere Replication Server from Mainframe to IQ.

I have some question about CDC Solution that is IBM IRS(InfoSphere Replication Server).

1. 1. I’d like to know if it is possible to connect directly from Mainframe to IQ using IRS

- if ok, I’d like to get an detailed information/pdf/ppt on how to connect from MF to IQ.

1. 2. If not, I’d like to know if it is possible to use as the following.

- First, Realtime Data is delivered from Mainframe to ASE(Staging Server) using IRS.

- Second, then Realtime Data is delivered to IQ using Sybase Rep.Server with RTL option.

1. 3. CT also wants to get references on Mainframe to IQ using CDC Solution.

Any comment or information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dokon Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dokon,

I don't know of any replication tool that supports SAP Sybase IQ except our own products.  To get data down from the mainframe, you would have two choices:

First, you could use an ETL tool like Data Services or Data Stage.  Second, you could use IBM Replication to capture the changes then either apply them as you outlined in #2 or have IRS go direct to Data Stage then into IQ.

I don't know of any customers doing this today, though.  This is a very specific use case and made more unique by the fact that data is being replicated out of the mainframe to IQ.

Mark