Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

06 inspection type

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

lot is generated as per setting stock is coming in return field in MMBE now my problem is system is allowing to transfer the stock from return to unrestricted without clearing the lot.

we are using 651 movement type

please help me out.

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Inspection type 06 is not stock relevant. Therefore, stock cannot be controlled on the basis of inspection lots.

If you want to keep control over it, use 05 inspection instead for return process.

Regards,

ntn

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ntn,

i know 06 is not stock relevant but without clearing inspection lot user decision how system is allowing me to transfer the stock from return to unrestricted .

siva

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Because Inspection lot does not control stock. Since the stock is not going in QI stock, it can directly be moved to unrestricted.

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know the lot is not stock relevant then what don't you understand? 

ntn has given you the answer.  It's basically standard SAP functionality.

Craig

0 Kudos

If you want to move the stock to QI while returns you can try with movement type 655 in which Stocks will be moved to QI, then check for inspection lot creation settings in SPRO settings for the movement type 655, if so inspection lot is created for this scenario.

After clearing the UD it will go to Unrestricted stock

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many discussions here in SCN on the differences between the 05 and 06 for material returns.  There is specific config that needs to be done to use the 05.

Please google for the information first.  Than let us know if you have questions.

Craig

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you Want Quality Check while transferring stock from Return stock to Unrestricted Use stock-

1. Activate Inspection Type 05 In QM view of MM.

2. Do trensfer posting by movement type 453 (TP returns to own)

3. While Saving, Stock transfer to QI Stock & auto. Inspection Lot generated for this Stock.

4. You can do RR

5. UD & Stock transfer to Unrestricted Stock from Quality Stock.

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,'

Kindly confirm  have to use both 5 and 6 or only 5 for this requirement.

if i am using both inspection type system will create after PGR and one inspection lot at the time of transfer posting.again for transfer posting i have to activate 08 in material master.

Regards,

siva

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Simply activate inspection type 05 and once the material is returned and do the PGI, inspection lot would be generated with 05 origin and quantity would be posted to QI stock. There is no need to keep 06 activated for this process.

This way you would be able to control the material stock on the basis of Quality inspection.

Regards,

ntn