cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query plan visulization tool - ease to use, hard to understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HANA experts.

Is there any links to detailed  information about this tool (Plan Visualization tool in HANA Studio)

and what doest it all of this BWPopResultParallel и BWPopSortParallel,  MaterializeView  query plan statements means?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be the comments from on the document will offer some pointers.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the SPS 6 documentation had been improved (again) and it now also contains information on PlanViz. You can find it in the

SAP HANA Administration Guide > Query Analysis in the SAP HANA Database

And this is even included in the online help of SAP HANA Studio nowadays

- Lars

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main word is - detailed.

> I used it but the notation and dataflow is not so easy to understand and i cannot find any detail document about it.

I am in the same situation.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason you cannot find a complete reference documentation on the PlanVisualization tool is: there is currently none.

So, no, there is no way for you to understand everything you see in the PlanViz just by looking at it.

Does that render the tool useless? Nope.

You can pretty easily find out about things like filter pushdown, data flows, parallel processing, most time consuming processing steps...

Over time, the tool will (hopefully) be refined to better suit the usual use cases and analysis actions typically done by users.

If anyone is interested more in what the different POPs do and how the relate, the HPI lectures on in memory database technology will be informative.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please clarify in which HPI lecture we can find this information?

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill

Probably Lars is referring to this >>  Course: In-Memory Data Management

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars, you as always.

Hope SAP will create and include detailed document "PlanVisualization tool"  in standard HANA docs package on help.sap.com.

This document will be very popular and useful !