cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between Windows - Embeding views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In ABAP WD - scenario: WD Component - MainComp. The MainComp has two windows - MainWindow and PopupWindow. The MainWindow has several views : xView, yView, zView etc. The PopupWindow has a view which is a PopupView.

The Question is: In the PopupView, I would like to embed two views (xView and yView) of the MainWindow (with help of viewContainer, probably). Is it possible to have that navigation? If yes, Can somebody please explain me?

Thanks much,

Dharmi

Message was edited by:

Dharmi Tanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Yes it is very much possible and you can very much handle it using Plugs .. create outbound and Inbound plug repectively.

I dont think you should have any problem.

~Bhawanidutt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhawanidutt,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please explain a little more in detail? Communication between views in the same window with the inbound plugs and outbound plugs is no problem! How is the communication if the views are in different windows, Do I have to embed the views in the view container?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to set the window with the used views as used components in your target

and than embed the views like you do normally: viewcontainer in the layout

and in the window environment right click embed view

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Yes you have to embed or drag and drop the view to the PopUp Window in which you want to display the View ... and if you set the X View as default view ... its displayed automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean, I need to use cross-component navigation?

The scenario I have is 1 component and 2 windows, I would like to embed the views of one window into the default view of the another.

I do NOT have 2 components!

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhawanidutt,

I have already tried to embed the view using the viewcontainer, embeding in the window but it result in error since the view is in different window.

any other ideas?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

each window is a component, with component usage that can be defined,

you have to do that in order to embed it, when you want to select a

component usage, you will see available components: comp controller, window1comp, window2comp

select the one from which you want to embed the views

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

Thanks much. It was quite easy :-).

Regards,

Dharmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IvanAlonsoBes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

I finally understood you are defining as component usage of a window antoher window view. I tried myself in netweaver2004s and could not find in the component usage matchbox any reference to other windows views. All I could see is the component controller of other windows.

as Koen said:

Hi,

each window is a component, with component usage that can be defined,

you have to do that in order to embed it, when you want to select a

component usage, you will see available components: comp controller, window1comp, window2comp

select the one from which you want to embed the views

grtz

Koen

I think you found the way to do it easily... can you guide me on this?

The other option I understand from the thread is to embedd the needed views in any windows that needs to navigate to it. Which is not exactly what I'm planning to do.

thanx in advance!!!