cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrated universe prompt gives 'processDPCommandsEx error in webi 4.0 sp07

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an object with prompt defined in the universe as follows:

CASE WHEN @Prompt('Business Date:','D',,mono,free) = '19000101' THEN TableA.BUSINESS_DATE ELSE @Prompt('Business Date:','D',,mono,free) END

This object prompts for a business date and when it is 01/01/1900 it has to pick the date from TableA where only yesterday's date is maintained. The report runs for as of yesterday. If user selects other date then the report runs for the selected date.

The universe is made in BO XI 3.1 and migrated to BO 4.0 SP07. In BO XI 3.1 it works fine when used with a report, but in BO 4.0 it gives the following error while refreshing the report

"An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

But if i change the time in the prompt , the report runs fine in BO 4.0. Any one could help me to resolve the issue. While refreshing report the prompt appears as Business Date: 01/01/1900 12:00:00AM if i run the report with the same value it throws me the above error. If i change the time like below : Business Date: 01/01/1900 12:15:00AM it works fine mean it picks yesterday's date from TableA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which database are you connecting to?

It's possible the *.prm file needs to be updated with the right  user input date format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using Sybase ASE 12.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would ask your BusObj administrator to check the Web Intelligence services. They may have to be restarted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Freeman,

You mean we have to start the servers related to web intelligence if so we did it already. But we have the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to modify the sybase.prm file.

There is an entry for dates of this sort. I am not sure what else...

the entry inthe sybase.prm file is by default:

<Parameter Name="USER_INPUT_DATE_FORMAT">'mm/dd/yyyy hh:m:s am/pm'</Parameter>

you can change it to suit what you need.

Answers (0)