Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment Management

former_member1026401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is moving from budgeting with Internal order to Budgeting with Investment Managemnt.

Question is:

Let's say for example

Already INR 10,0000 is the budget cost for project A.

and already budget amount used for INR 2,000 (through GRN)

and remining budget of INR 8,000 is available (unused budget amount INR 8,000)

At this point , during the cutover, we are moving from Internal orders to Investment management.

Whether it is possible to control the cost through IM for remaining INR 8,000. (for all subsequent GRN - after GO-live)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While procurement IO will be used as account assignment object even if you are using IM.

So,availability control ,GRN will be against IO only.

Regards

former_member1026401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh Tiwari,

1) So does it mean that, remaining INR 8000 budget control will not happen through IM.

2) so for the old projects which were with IO earlier (before implementing IM) as to go with IO and new projects can have budget from IM. is that right . whether my understanding is right?

Thanks

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikaanth,

1) IM provides a hierarchial structure to plan and distribute budgets to lower cost objects like IO and WBS.As far as I know we dont use a element in IM to control budget.

2)But yes,based on AR we do create investment measures like IO and WBS to control budget assigned from IM.

If, you have created IO from IM then yes budget control will happen on it if AVAC is activated.

Even if you have created IO independently then also the same will happen on IO (make sure AVAC is activated)

Regards

Answers (0)