Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Notifications for Content I'm not Following

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jason,

From past evening, Im continuously receiving email notifications for several thread of my forum. Some of them I have never followed and Im getting email for the questions also. I mean when an OP post the query, how come it is directly coming to my inbox ???

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you following the space the threads are in? Check your e-mail settings.

Please share examples of the treads.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Im following QM forum but Im following this for past three months. It was only a day back when I started receiving emails for everything.

For threads which I did not follow, for new queries and all. There might be some other issue, don't know. Anyways, I have currently stopped following the space because my cell phone rings round the clock

I did not make any recent changes to my email settings.

ntn

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of your e-mail setting? (http://scn.sap.com/user-preferences!input.jspa)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Pl find as desired by you. I have not made any recent changes still I would like you to see so that I can make a change, if required,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this point.

Go to the forum and click the Stop email Notification. Its not depend on you are following this forum or not.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Thanks for sharing the information. But I do know about all these settings and they are correctly maintained. I do not follow a space completely and track it in any way.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you sure the mail is coming from this forum? as per scn configuration, if this option is not clicked, it cant happens. you wrote "from past evening" is it mean yesterday evening. I hope scn take a little time to remove the mail notification from this forum. Kindly wait for today.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your e-mail notifications are turned on: you will receive an e-mail for everything you are tracking (everything in your communications page) and following.  You can deactivate the notifications by turning them off: On -> Off or All Activity -> Never.

More tips found here:

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Im sure brother. I have seen the mails for the threads which were active around 2 months before. May be some bug injected in, and situation is better since yesterday again. no frequent notification. It is reducing.

ntn

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is a good point because this way of forcing e-mail notification is independent of the e-mail settings in your preferences.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I think this feature is applicable for the posts Im following, not for the whole forum and the threads which I do not follow in the same forum. Correct ??

Because this start happening two back back only and now it is improving by itself. May be some bug is the reason.

ntn

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I see that the notification are turned on: I recomend turning them off if you don't want those notifications. 

It's very possible that notifications were going to a junk folder or being filtered or subject to other factors previously. Unless it can be recreated, wwe cannot report a but.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Won't turning off the notifications stop it completely ?? I don't want this to turn off for the posts that I follow. Anyways, there is reducing number of unwanted emails now and I still believe there is some problem either with my email or some bug is the factor.

Thanks for giving your valuable time

Regards,

ntn 

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please note the overview of e-mail notifications here:

You cannot filter notifications when you are following or tracking an entire space or member. To selectively track or follow, you must choose to follow or track each item separately.

0 Kudos

how to know what i am following

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just go to your profile, then into places or content and select "following" from the filters on the left side. E.g. http://scn.sap.com/people/shakeel.mohd/places > Following

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

how to know what i am following

i want to unfollow which are not related to me

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are following nothing. Neither a space nor a person.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Or when you get a notifcation, go to the content or the space its in or the author of it and select unfollow and/or stop tracking in eMail.