cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding Remaining Requirement in RBATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue with creating a Remaining Requirement in RBATP. Could you please help me regarding this?

The below is the scenario:

I have created 3 Products P1, P2, and P3 in 2 Locations L1 and L2. The stocks of P1,P2,and P3 are all 0 in both L1 and L2.

I have created  Product Substitution Procedure PSP1, Location Determination Procedure LDP1,and Rule Control RC1. I have assigned these to the Rule R1. In the Rule Control RC1, I have used the Access Strategy 01(Start from top of list) for both Product and Location. In RC1, I have specified "Combine Qualified Location with All Products, then Qualified Product with all Locations".

In the Check Instructions, I have chosen "Create Remaining Requirement according to Last Substitution".

I have created a Sales order of 10 for P2 in L1. Based on my above Rule Settings, P1 in L1 will be checked.

Since P1 in L1 is also 0, P2 in L1 is being checked.

Since P2 in L1 is also 0, P3 in L1 is being checked.

Since P3 in L1 is also 0, P1 in L2 is being checked.

Since P1 in L2 is also 0, P2 in L2 is being checked.

Since P2 in L2 is also 0, P3 in L2 is being checked.

Since P3 in L2 also is 0, the sales order is unconfirmed and a Remaining Requirement of 10 is being created for P3 in L2.

With the above system setup and the same Access Strategy, is there a way that the Remaining Requirement can be created for P3 in L1? Could you please let me know if this is possible through Standard RBATP functionality? If this is not possible through Standard RBATP functionality, could you please let me know if this can be achieved through a User Exit or through any other process?

Thanks in advance for your help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You might add a second rule and create a remaining requirement on your desired product/location.

To change the result of the rule determination you could check the following userexit:

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLATPR_002

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help.

Based on your suggestion, I setup the scenario with a second rule and it worked. I haven't used the User Exit.

Could you please take some time and let me know if the below process is a valid one? Thanks in advance for the help and for your time. Sorry for causing you any inconvenience.

Sequence of Evaluating the Rule (Products: P1,P2, and P3 . Locations: L1 and L2)

P1 - L1

P2 - L1

P3 - L1

P1 - L2

P2 - L2

P3 - L2

Remaining Requirement to be created for : P3 in L1

Process Followed:

1) Created 2 Condition Tables CTB1 and CTB2

2) Created 2 Access Sequences AS1 and AS2 and assigned the above CTB1 and CTB2 to AS1 and AS2 respectively

3) Created 2 Condition Types CTP1 and CTP2 and assigned the above AS1 and AS2 to CTP1 and CTP2 respectively

4) Created 2 Rule Strategies RST1 and RST2 and assigned the above CTP1 and CTP2 to RST1 and RST2 respectively

5) Created a Rule Strategy Sequence RSQ and assigned the above RST1 and RST2 to this Rule Strategy Sequence

6) Assigned Activation Parameters to the above Rule Strategy Sequence

7) Created a Product Substitution Procedure PSP1 and a Location Determination Procedure LDP1

😎 Created a Rule Control RC1 and specified the Access Strategy as "Start from top of the list" for both Product and Location

9) Created a Rule RL1 and assigned the above defined PSP1, LDP1, and RC1 to this rule

10) In /SAPCND/AO11,assigned the above created Rule RL1 to the Condition Type CTP1

11) Created a Product Substitution Procedure PSP2

12) Created a Rule Control RC2 and specified the Access Strategy as "Start from top of the list" for Product

13) Created a Rule RL2 and assigned the above defined PSP2 and RC2 to this rule

14) In /SAPCND/AO11,assigned the above created Rule RL2 to the Condition Type CTP2

15) Maintained zero stock for P1,P2, and P3 in both L1 and L2

16) Created a Sales Order of 10 for P1 in L1.

Result

As per the RBATP settings, Rule RL1 has been evaluated first and P1 has been checked in L1 first. Since P1 is not available in L1, P2 and P3 have been checked in L1. Since P2 and P3 also are 0 in L1, P1 has been checked in L2. Since P1 in L2 is 0, P2 and P3 in L2 have been checked. After checking P2 and P3 in L2, the Rule Evaluation Process of Rule RL1 has been completed.

After the above completion of RL1 evaluation, Rule evaluation of Rule RL2 has started. During the Rule Evaluation of RL2, P1 in L1 has been checked. Since P1 is not available in L1, P2 has been checked in L1. Since P2 is not available in L1, P3 has been checked in L1. Since P3 is also not available in L1, as per the settings for Remaining Requirement in the Check Instructions(Create Remaining Requirement for the Last Substitution), a Remaining Requirement has been created for P3 in L1.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Seems to be ok. I do not see any issue here.

Please close this thread if there are no further questions.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. I am closing the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Answers (0)