Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd: ECC 6.0: Issue with User Compare

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing some issue with the user Comparison in PFCG.

After Developing the role and transporting it to Quality, we are facing issues with the roles.

The roles are User Compared using the standard program PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY and its showing green color in PFCG - User Tab.

But when I went to SU01 -> Roles tab I can see the User Compare button are red and User is not able to access the t-codes in the assigned role in spite of the background job running Successfully.

Due to this, we are left with only option of manually doing the user compare again in SU01.

In this regard, I am looking for some help or solution on two aspects.

1) Is there any table where I can see whether USER COMPARE is done or not for the users?

2) Is there any notes or solution for the background job which is running successfully and showing green in the user compare button is PFCG but not getting updated to the user?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepak M

5 REPLIES 5

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Have you tried PFUD, which will tell about any errors occurred in the background job

regards

kartik

0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Yes I did try PFUD and it showing no errors.

Regards,

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the role have a profile generated?

Is the role a derived role? If it is, is is in sync with the parent/master?

0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Yes the Role is generated and I can see the signal as Green as well and even the user compare button is showing the status as green in pfcg but still not getting updated to the user.

well, we use all kinds of role but the result is same.

Regards,

Deepak M

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

In SU01 - does the profiles tab contain the corresponding generated profile for the role that you did user compare for?

For tables - you can look at the AGR_USERS (for role - ensure the assignments are within validity date); USR04 will have an entry for the user with all profiles assigned; AGR_1016 will give your role to profile mapping; USRBF* is the user buffer; UST04/UST12 will give more profile and user information.

What does it look like for one user when you go into SU56 - if you expand out their authorisations for the object do you see the values? What value do you have for auth/new_buffering (assume 4)?

Is this for a small group of users or for all users? If a small number, do the users have a large number of roles assigned? Is there a chance you have user buffer overflow from too many profiles assigned?

Regards

Colleen