cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORK PERMIT MANAGMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need sone clarification on SAP WORK PERMIT MANAGMENT, any how I have some knowledge about WCM but I am not aware of work permit managment.

I am attaching some snap shot from a document which I found on internet..

but I am not able to to find same screens im WCM ,,please let me know that given snapshots are from SAP standard system or from some SAP add-on system. if it is a Standard SAP system than please let me know the procedure for configration and tcodes for the same and is any additional licence required for the same. Please let me know as my client is asking for the same system (because they found WCM is a complex system).

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

In the WCM we have 2 types. 1. Standard and 2. Enhanced Model.

If your client is planning for Enhanced Model.

In this you have 1 Main PTW and 7 Supplementary Permits and 1 WCD.

Based on the client Requirement we will configure the system and well as the Supplementary Permits.

The snapshots which you have upload is the Enhanced Model. There is small difference in the Work Permit Management, in this you will have 2 level of permits. it is also depend on the client.

Configuration Steps:

1. Maintain Application Profile (In this you need to Maintain to which plant you want to maintain WCM).

2.Assign the Model ( In this which model to do want to assign Enhance or standard).

3. Assign and Maintain application (In this how many supplementary permits do you want to create like..Hot work, height, etc..).

4.Define Description (Enter the description of the Supplementary Permits)

5. Defining the usages.

6.Define the catalogs.

7. Define the Approval and assign to the Supplementary Permits.

these are the important steps for configuration of WCM. If required any more post the issue we can clear it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bheema,

I think I am using enhanced model only but still I am not able to find simmilar sacreens.

Like in First snapshot I am finding WCM instead of work permit button which I have circled.

even I am not able to find any of the above screens in any WA WAP WCD .

Like create work permit level 1 and all.

Please let me know what is the differnce between WPM and WCM.

Regards,

Raj

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Both are same, one in the ECC6 we have different and in the EHP5 we call it as work permit management, there is small difference in between both. In the EHP5 we call it as permit management.

Once you start configuring then you will find the difference. To get good knowledge and the WCM Document  you can register in WCM-IT Site which will help you a lot.

You can download the work permit management from that site and study if you get any dout post then we can guide the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirupati,

Thanks for your valuable information.

I have worked on WCM before some time but I didn't get such screens which are given above.

Please clear my last doubt So that I can close my thread.

As much as I got from your post that WPM is available with EHP5 only.

I was not getting this kind of screens becuase of ehp4 only? Am I right?

I am getting screens as given below:-

As we are using ehp4.Is ehp4  the reason because of which I am not getting new functionlity like this(WPM) ?

or WPM is  available with ehp4 too.

Regards,

Raj

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

I have not aware of this, but in the EHP 5 we will call it as WORK PERMIT MANAGMENT, in all the package EHP 1 TO EHP 5 all functionalities  are same. very small changes will be there, like what you said its only the description. we can change it as per our convenient.

if any issues in the configuration let us know so that we can help to clarify your douts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirupathi,

Really thanks for your quick response and sharing your valuable knowledge.

As I told you about WCM (Work Clearance Management) Enhanced model with EHP4.

From functional point of view is the basic flow with Tcodes also-

1. Creation of Work Approval (WAP) from Maintenance order (From IW31/IW32 maintenance order by using valuation & permit assignment) or by tcode WCTA and assign it later to maintenance order.
  2. At the time of WAP creation Maintenance order system status set as WCM.
  3. Create Work Clearance Application(WCA) or Work application (WA) :-  tcode WCTK- Creation of WCA (like hot,height and other work permits) from WAP or from Tcode WCTK/WCTH which can be later assign to any WA.
  4. Creation of Work Clearance Document (WCD)-  WCD will be creation from WCA or by Tcode WCT6 in WCD we will define tagging,untagging permit print,trial run etc.
  5. After all approval and tagging and un-tagging process WCD-WCA/WA- WAP will be closed as per given order.
  6. After closer of WAP maintenance order system status is set as WOCO.

This is what I have used in EHP4 as WCM.

In stead of getting WORK PERMIT button in Maintenance order I am getting Work Approval symbol.

I am attaching the screen shot.

Hope I am not bothering you by shooting one on one questions question again and again.

Can you please tell me the some basic process with some Tcodes for WPM.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thirupathi,

Thanks for your help

I got my answer it is because of EHP4 only.I don't know about EHP5 but in EHP6 WPM functionality is available.

In EHP4 it is WCM only.

I am closing it.

Thanks once again.

regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot this site is really helpful

Answers (0)