cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM - call standard WD into custom POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we developed a custom POWL, with a custom feederer, that extracts employee appraisals. Once results are taken out in ALV, if we select one row and we click on EDIT or VIEW, then nothing happens. What we would expect in this case is that standard webdynpro with appraisal document is triggered.

Does anybody have a hint?

Thank,
Daniele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Since you have custom powl feeder, please check what code you have written in method 'HANDLE_ACTION' for calling standard wd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

thanks for your hint. What should we check, exactely? It looks like moethod 'HANDLE_ACTION' is called, but nothing happens: when clicking on button EDIT or DISPLAY, method is called, but then no WD opens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want you to check the code which you have written to open WD in 'HANDLE_ACTION'.

How are you opening WD? What code have you written for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

we would like to open e WD. We copied standard CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL in custom. We left method HANDLE_ACTION as in standard. We just tried to add some coding at "display" button (that now gives us a short dump").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the code which you have added for 'i_actionid = 'DISPLAY'' it will work fine in FPM but not in POWL.

Put a breakpoint on below statement.

IF ( i_actionid = 'OFFLINE_DESCRIP' AND i_action_conf NE 'Y' ) OR ls_powl_msg-msgtype = 'E'.
* Do not raise the event
  ELSE.
    e_portal_actions-parameters = lt_params.
    e_portal_actions-fire_wdevent = 'X'.
  ENDIF.

Check if e_portal_actions-fire_wdevent is getting set or not also check what values are getting populated in e_portal_actions-parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

e_portal_actions-fire_wdevent  is set as 'X' and e_portal_actions-parameters are populated as follows:

1CLICKED_OBJECTedit
2APPRAISAL_ID17208452FF59943EE10000000A277202
3PART_AP_ID0000
4PLAN_VERSION01

But nothing happens, WD HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT is not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

from a coding point of view everything seems OK.

Can it be a problem of iView? As we have a custom iView and its buttons do not retrieve anything.

Thanks,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

I was trying to analyze your POWL.

I feel that the template is not getting opened through your POWL but it is getting opened through WD 'HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI'.

For test purpose I want you to do the following:

Put a breakpoint in method 'GET_FIELD_CATALOG' of class 'CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL'.

After that put a breakpoint in 'WDDOINIT' and 'FOLLOWUP_POWL' mrthods in component controller of 'HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI' .

Now execute the standard application 'HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS' and check if it stops at the breakpoints we placed above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

we put breakpoints. The one in 'WDDOINT' wasn't triggered.

Thanks,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you clicked on edit did it stoped in ''FOLLOWUP_POWL'' of WD 'HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debug this method further.

Here it is creating url and then opening the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Method gave us URL.

Shall we copy everything into our method?

Thank you!

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Can you please tell me what your requirement is?

I mean why you not enhancing the standard powl and going for custom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

we deciced to build a custom POWL because the standard one is already used for displaying a certain type of appraisal. Since user do not want to see appraisal in the same pwl, we went for building a new access pointe to documents. And this is giving us big headaches 😕

Thanks for your help,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debug method 'FOLLOWUP_POWL' completely and get all the application parameters.

Add application hap_main_document' in LPD_CUST.

In 'HANDLE_ACTION' method of your powl call method 'NAVIGATE' of class 'CL_HR_NAVIGATION_SERVICES' to open the appraisal template.

In standard POWL was used inside WD Comp and the part of opening the appraisal template was inside the WD comp, Since here we are trying to use POWL standalone, thats why we will have to open the document in above mentioned way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

class CL_HR_NAVIGATION_SERVICES can't be found in our system. We solved our problem this way:

CALL METHOD cl_powl_runtime_services=>get_powl_controller

IMPORTING

e_powl_int_controller = lv_wdcomp.

CHECK NOT lv_wdcomp IS INITIAL.

CALL METHOD lv_wdcomp->wd_get_api

RECEIVING

result = lv_wdcontr.

CHECK NOT lv_wdcontr IS INITIAL.

lr_api_component  ?=  lv_wdcontr.

l_wnd = lr_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

l_result = l_wnd->create_external_window(

url = l_url ).

l_result->open( ).     

Thank you!

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is having a similar requirement in which we have to open a WD appl from POWL,

we got the part till url right, But are facing problems in opening the WD appl using the above code.

Can you please check the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3458634 and help solve the issue.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014

have you done all the steps?

are you using portal and configuring OBN?

For POWL, we deliver standard BO business objects with appraisal in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

we are in EHP4.