Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to cancel msmp workflow instance

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a host of issues that are keeping me from letting my client test out their QA system.  I didn't experience these issues in their development box, and for a reason that I haven't yet determined, the transports from their dev box to their QA box resulted in incomplete data coming across. 

Because of time pressure, I configured their QA box manually end-to-end and got it all working - somewhat. 

In one test (other tests have worked properly), the tester got an error when they tried to approve an access request.  A user, a manager for the user, and a role, with a valid role owner had been selected for the request.  The specific error message at the top of the screen was:

Error when trying to complete/forward work item xxxxxx

Request approval failed; error in MSMP approval method

To figure this out, I went back and checked all my workflow config in SPRO. Made sure the linkage settings were correct and everything was activated.  All looked good.

Then I went into MSMP config and made sure the workflow paths etc., were saved and activated.  All looks good. 

Remember - I had tested this out before giving the client a chance to test it and in my tests, I hadn't hit any of these issues and had successful role assignments etc.

I then went into SE38 and ran the program that can manually cancel an instance.  When I ran that for this instance, here's the error that I got.

It seems I can't force the request to cancel and I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Santosh

Message Text

Error while trying to cancel msmp workflow instance

Technical Data

Message type__________E (Error)
Message class_________GRFNMW (MSMP Engine Message Class)
Message number________245
Message variable 1____
Message variable 2____
Message variable 3____
Message variable 4____

Message Attributes

Level of detail_______
Problem class_________
Sort criterion________
Number________________                                                                                                                                    1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Check for further information in MSMP instance runtime monitor (GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD) t-code. Check note 1624069

Thanks

Mahboob Shaik

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,  you can easily using GRFNMW_CONFIGURE but make sure before deleting any path bz form the configuration you can delete dependent path also.  Thanks, Arif