cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to create flash file in Dashboard Design (XCelsius)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I need help for SAP Dashboard Design Departmental 2013. It’s installed in a PC with 4 GB RAM, OS Windows 7 64 bits, MS Office 2010.

I have some questions:

1. About installation: I don’t know what type of MS Office (32 or 64 bits) it’s better to use with SAP Dashboard Design.
  2. Using software: I created a dashboard, and when it’s grow-up until a level of some complexity (xlf file about 3 MB), I can’t export flash file or even preview dashboard screen. I received an error message (in my version in Portuguese) that I can translate as “Error. The SWF wasn’t creating. For more information’s, contact file author or system administrator”.

Anyone can help me on this error?

Best Regards,

Roberto Behar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOt sure about 2, but to answer the first: Dashboard (just like all the client tools) are 32-bit applications and require 32bit MS office to interact with. Look for the PAM here for more details: https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000494342013E

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, for your helpful tip.

I did install MS Office 2010 32 bits version and after I did reinstall SAP Dashboard. So it seems, there isn’t more installation problem.

However, the problem 2 holds on. A simple dashboard works fine to create a flash file. But, when dashboard grows up in complexity, with many “tab set”, “combo box” and “label based menu”, software return that error message and I can’t create the export flash file nevermore.

I don’t know what limits SAP Dashboard has.

I’ll appreciate if any can give me a tip about it.

Best Regards,

Roberto Behar

Answers (0)