cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition records with release status problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

please suggest the procedure for the  following problem.

When ever new condition  is created (without  release procedure) with from date as future date, system is automatically changing the  the valid to date of the existing record to the previous date of the  validity starting date of the new record. but once the release stastus is activated,one user has to create the  new condition with release status as blocked  and   while releasing this  condition by the authorised user  through VK12 or VK17 system is not allowing to release the new condition record, unless the  valid to date of the existing condition   changed manually and saved .

is there any procedure that the system should automatically change the valid to date of the existing condition as soon as the new condition is released by the  authorized user..

regards

sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My two cents here.

Further to what MoazzaM has stated, if your pain point is closing old condition record, in an easy way, without going through changing each condition record, what I can recommend is that you could do it in mass too.

Just go to change mode and at the bottom in the condition details screen, use the icon Select All and click on change validity date and they would be changed to whatever date you want to.

Further to reiterate on MoazzaM's point on standard behavior, remember, automation is good but automation because someone wants not to go through some audit / safety steps is not recommended.  

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

This is standard SAP behaviour and if we see it logically there can be only one condition active at one time. I guess automatic release and date change can be done in some ABAP program but in standard I dont think so this would be possible.

Thank$