cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SUPStorage.js to share the credentials between the two applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are developing OData based Android applications with more user friendly in authentication.

We have Afaris 7 SP6, SMP 2.3, relay server, Netweaver Gateway 2.0

We created a android application using netweaver service which is working fine.

What we did is we created JavaScript, HTML5 application and loading into android web view in onload method using phonegap.

In this application user has to enter the credentials every time, If user come out from application and try to open again. How to solve this?

Hence we are planing to use SUPStorage.js to save the credentials and retrieve same when user again open the application.

Is it possible?

Is it possible to share the credentials between two applications?

Thanks in advance

suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

To save the credentials of an application you can use the data vault. To implement this you can use "datavault" library which is provided by SAP in ODATA SDK.

With data vault you can save credentials of an application. when you go out of the application you can lock the data vault(optional-use it for security purpose) and when you reopen the application Write the code in such a way that the application asks for the passcode of the data vault and retrieve credentials for the same(optional-use it for security purpose).

for more information please use the following link:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01921.0232/doc/html/nkr13...

thanks & regards,

Shivakishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakishore,

Thanks for reply,

I think data vault is possible only in pure android application. Because we can add DataVaultLib.Jar file to android application and use DataVault type.

But we are developing JavaScript and HTML5 base android application, In my index.html application if i use DataVault vault = null; it is giving error.

How to solve this, where can we find DataVaultLib.Js file to use below code.

DataVault vault = null;

if (!DataVault.vaultExists("myVault"))

{

vault = DataVault.createVault("myVault", "password", "salt");

}

else

{

vault = DataVault.getVault("myVault");

}

Thanks in advance,

suresh

Answers (0)