cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 on SQL 2012 distributed environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to install SAP ERP 6.0 on SQL server 2012 in distributed environment.

I have couple questions to start install

We have 3 VM server

VM1(Windows 2012): Global host/CI install

VM2(windows 2012): SQL server 2012 (for DB install)

VM3(windows 2012): DI install

Before I start installation, do I need to add domain\SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin group to local administrator group of VM1, VM2 and VM3 servers ?

Do I need any domain user for SQL server install ?

Step1:

VM1: I will install Global host.

Step2:

VM2: I will install DB

here I have questions on step 2, before I start install DB do I need to map any folders from global host  to DB ?

What are the folder and how to map ?

Before I start install do i need ask network team to create any shared drives ?

Step3:

VM1: I will install Primary instance.

Questions in step3, before staring install do i need make any preparations in CI server like making changes to profile to connect to database host and do ined to map any folders from Database to CI ?

Do I need to install SQL server Native client and client tools in CI server ?

Do i need to add any SQLserver user to the local groups of VM1 server ?

Step4:

VM3: I will install DI.

Questions in step4, Do I need to map any folders from CI and DB servers to DI server ?

is their any prerequisites I need to fulfil before I start DI installation ?

the above questions I have in mind.

I hope somebody can answer the above questions.

Thank You,

Phanikumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your reply. Still I am not clear on below steps.

SQL base install questions.

In the above step which user I have to give based on below scenarios.

I am installing SAP in two scenarios.

Scenario 1: Standalone Server

Installation user: <SID>adm part of local admin group

Installation Type: SAP on Standalone Server (DB and CI together in same server)

Which user I have to specify on the above step (Domain user on Builtin administrator) ?

After SQL server base install do I need to give any permissions for <SID>adm account through Management studio before I start the database instance install ?

Scenario 2: Distributed Environment

Installation user: <SID>adm part of local admin group

Installation Type: CI and DB on separate VM's

Is it fine to use <SID>adm to install SAP and DB in this scenario ?

Which user I have to specify on the above step (Domain user on Builtin administrator) while installing DB ?

Do I need any domain user specific to SQL serer database install ? (I am already using <SID>adm is a domain user and part of local admin group) ?

After SQL server base install do I need to give any permissions for <SID>adm account through Management studio before I start the database instance install ?

Thank You,

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani Kumar

are you installing in unattended mode? generally when you install SQL Server you will see Wizard, any ways... go head with defaults during install process in your shared screens, you can add users later for SAP install (<SID>adm etc)

-giri

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

1 In MS Sql installation 2 & 3 steps you have just press enter that all (by using the SQL4SAP.VBS script)

2. In Scenario 1 & 2 you can start the SAPINST.exe by using the either local administrator or SIDADM user id. during the installation time it will ask you question you want to use  the local or domain user id

that time you have define the user id SIDADM & SAPServiceSID

Kindly refer the SAP ECC6 installation step by step screen shot  as scenario 1

http://www.slideshare.net/Coolgy4u/ecc60-installation

Do I need any domain user specific to SQL serer database install ? (I am already using <SID>adm is a domain user and part of local admin group) ?

No need, you can use the local administrator user id. Kindly refer the link for this also

In my environment we have all the SAP BI, EP , XI & Solution Manager landscape are installation and configured in Windows 2008 server with MS Sql 2008 R2 servers,

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani Reddy

Here are the steps in order i follow installing system.

1. Database Server installation
  2. Update DB Server Patches and service packs
  3. Global Host Preparation
  4. Central Instance (CI) Installation
  5. Install Dialog instance
  6. <if you have addtional DI>
  7. Installing license
  8. Setting up TMS system
  9. Default profile change for Transport system domain access
  10. Make Time Zone Settings

Hope this helps

-Giri

If this helps consider mark as Answered, so that other SCN users can take advantage of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I started installation.

I am installing MS SQL server(Distributed) in a separate VM.

Step1:

I executes SQL4SAP, it's started in command prompt and I selected choice 1 to start installation.

Step2:

I entered SID name.

Step3:

Here I have question. it's asking to give user ID who can control the database.

I am not sure which user id I have to give.

I am running installation with <SID>adm account.

Can I give SIDadm here or something else ?

Thank You,

Phanikumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar

you need to create Domain account for SQL Server with Sysadmin previllages <domain>\<user> it's pre-req, also this can be done during install also. If you are not windows admin please check with your Sysadministrators. Also make sure this account is part of "Local Admin" previllages.

To answer you question <SID>adm account is fine with as long it has Sysadmin / Local admin previllages, Ps. post updates.

-giri

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Step3:

Here I have question. it's asking to give user ID who can control the database.

I am not sure which user id I have to give.

I am running installation with <SID>adm account.

1. In both VM's local administrator group you have to add the user id's SIDADM & SAPServiceSID

2. in MS SQL Those who are part of local administrator group they can do the DB admin task, Once your SAP installation completed form SAP you can schedule the some of the admin task.

Regards

Ram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

Before I start installation, do I need to add domain\SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin group to local administrator group of VM1, VM2 and VM3 servers ?

Do I need any domain user for SQL server install ?

No, During the Installation time it will take care those groups. as you mention VM1 & VM3 can be installed in one VM, & DB installation another VM.

Before Starting the installation you may require to create the user ID in the Domain user id 'SIDADM & SAPServiceSID & add those user id's in the domain the group "SAP_SID_Gobaladmin "

in both VM local administrator group you can add the two user id's SIDADM & SAPServiceSID

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Do I need to share/network map folders (global, profiles,...etc) from VM1(global host) to VM2(database) ?

Do I need to map something from VM2(database) to VM1(global host) ?

Thank You,

Phanikumar.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

1. During the installation time it will create the share folder (global, profiles & SAP log )

2. In windows environment nothing is much more require. basic windows settings

3.Kindly follow the installation steps

3.1. Start install the Global host on VM1 (It will create the Profile,Global Share and local group creation )

3.2. Install the DB installation on VM2  (its will as for the Profile Folder share you have to mention the Share on VM1)

3.3 Installation of DI on VM1 (Standard Dialog instance installation during this process its will check the DB instance )

Kindly refer the Link(Required S user id) https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the information.

I have two more questions to ask you.

Do I need to install SQL Native client on VM1 (before starting Primary instance installation) ?

As per our Architecture we have another VM to install additional application server (VM3).

I have to follow the instructions as per the design.

To install additional application server do I need install SQL native client on VM3?

Thank You,

Phanikumar.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do I need to install SQL Native client on VM1 (before starting Primary instance installation) ?

As per our Architecture we have another VM to install additional application server (VM3).

To install additional application server do I need install SQL native client on VM3?

For you both questions Its not required, you are going to install the SAP Application server, thru the application instance to take care communicate the MSSQL database.

In other DB(OS400/db2 ) you may require to install the client tool to communicate the DB. In MS Sql its not required

In my installation so for i am not installed Sql native client

Regards

Sriram