cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not post a travel request with an old pending travel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to know if is there any standard way to block the creation of new travel requests if there is an old travel not completed or with the status different from trip completed?

I was thinking to create a Z when a trip request is created trough PR05, but I'd like to know if is there a customizing way to reach this goal.

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

from my knowledge no that is not possible.

The user can always create a new travel request. This does not depend on already entered trips in the System (only if this is on the same date). Of course you will need to have authorization for that.

but each trip number is independent in the System.

Maybe you can use user exit "before save" to check certain data in the system. But I think only data from that particular trip id - not of all your trips. But this is only a guess.

Best regards,

Sigi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo

If you do a search back on the forum this is covered on a few occasions, the most usual approach is to implement 2 authorization objects for P_ABAP and depending on the status you choose, it means that expese reports cannot be created in certain status for operation NEW and this is probably the cleanest approach to tackle this.    

I havent finished this wiki page fully yet but the general idea is outlined here:  (it is for "approved travel request" but you get the general idea!)

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/xIOTF

You mentioned "posting travel expenses" in your title but I presume you mean instead creation of travel expenses but preventing an expense report from being posted is always going to be challenging as the settlement program and PRFI will always select expense reports with status "settled".

cheers

Sally