cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS scheduling of setup and production activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a problem doing multi-level scheduling. I have parametrized a scheduling profile in the Planning Board which takes the operations level by level (from semifinished to finished product) and schedules them doing FindSlot and ForwardScheduling.

Problem is that setup activities get separated from production activities of the same operations at the level just after the bottleneck, somehow the system does not consider that setup and production MUST be done one exactly after the other.

Is there a way to enforce this at the routing level / resource level (which I am currently missing and I always gave for granted), or this is a bug and I should open an oss note.

best regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I wanted to say DS Strategy Settings.

To finish the description of the problem, this is what I am seeing:

_SS_________PPPPP

SS_PPPPPPPP

(in the example, there are two alternative modes for the finished product PDS)

And this is what I would like to see:

____________SS_PPPPP

SS_PPPPPPPP

best regards,

J.

Message was edited by: James S.A.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

thanks a lot for your answer, I completely missed those two in my search.

Just a complementary question: I cannot find where I could  "maintain a maximum interval between the setup activity and the processing activity" (I found other times in the routing, like queue and transport). Do I have to enforce it with the ECC BAdI during PDS creation before being sent to APO?

Apart from that, the model was quite simple (no time-dependent setup, just a couple of orders at each level)

Thanks again,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The value to be maitained in APO PDS is as shown below.

you can maintain the same in

/SAPAPO/CURTO_EDIT - Maintain Production Data Structure

Thanks

Pravin M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, I dodn't think of activating CURTO_EDIT for testing. However, my doubt was more on the ECC side, on wether it is needed to write code in the outbound/inbound process of PDS generation to fill it automatically or if there was a customizing setting or routing parameter to do this directly (I need this for ALL PDS)

thanks a lot,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activating Curto_create for few authorized people is not a issue as would say.

But anyway, i appreciate if we keep master data system as one i.e. ECC. Yes i would recommend to wrire code to automatically fill this value during transfer.

Pravin M.

Answers (0)