cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make UD for the Insp lot with Serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the material master I entered serial number profile and then created PO for that material for 100 quantity. Did MIGO for 25 qty in four parts for the created PO. Entered serial no. manually for couple of MIGO and selected Create Serial no. Automatically option for couple of MIGO. While making UD entered 20 qty in unrestricted use and 5 qty in blocked stock and clicked on save option. When clicked on save option, system popped up a window asking to select serial no. from the list displayed. Selected 20 serial nos. for posting the stock to unrestricted use but system is giving an error message "Exactly 20 serial numbers must be selected (instead of 25)" because of which I am unable to do UD.

Can anyone tell me why system is giving error message even though only 20 serial numbers is selected. Also please let me know if I am making mistake so that this sort of issue's can be avoided in future. If any further clarification is needed do let me know.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue got resolved.

When serial no. profile is created, Serial number usage was made mandatory, hence system was giving the error message mentioned in my earlier comment. When the serial number usage was made optional, system did not give any error message and it gave the option of selecting the serial number manually.

Hence closing this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. When I went through notes in google and in SCN, it was mentioned that after entering quantity in Unrestricted use and in Blocked stock and when clicked on save option, system will propose to enter serial no. separately for unrestricted use and blocked stock.

It is here that that when I save my UD, system is proposing all 25 serial no's. Even though I have selected only 20 serial no's still displaying an error message selected exactly 20 serial numbers.

Kindly let me know if any further information is required. I want to solve this issue at the earliest as it is pending with me for almost one week, moreover client is asking about it as they are unable to make UD becoz of this error message.

Expecting solution at the earliest.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasa,

yes you are right. As system propose the field and you have to enter the serial number.

Can you give the screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the material document for which inspection lot is generated.In that whether 25 serial nos are entered are or not.If serial nos are entered then for inspection lot call material document reference to enter serial nos in UD

Venkat

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

How many serial numbers you have created automatically. Is it 5 or more.

Regards,

Saurabh

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In serial number, there should be only 20 serial number for Qty which you posted to unrestricted. Rest 5 serial number must be deleted. Then only stock posting & UD will happen.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are entering 20 serial nos for unrestricted stock and system will automatically propose entry of 5 serial nos for blocked stock.

Regards

Venkat