cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check connection to the System Landscapee Directory (SLD) is used:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I check the SLD connection  some little confusion about the details.

In the portal system   i select configuration ---->security ---->select destination

In that screen i create SLD_CLIENT and SLD_DataSupplier  with HTTP destination type.

Please clarify what details we give exactly in this Destination.

Thanks&Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do this.

Select Related Links -> Destinations

Click Create

Enter

Destination Name: SLD_DataSupplier

Destination Type: HTTP

To test the connection, select SLD_DatatSupplier and click                     .

Now go in the below url and check that the SLD is stared.

http://host name of the central sld:5XX00/

We need to define the destination SLD_Client on the portal.

If your SLD is local

The SLD service provides every Java application with the option to generate an SLD client for accessing an SLD server. The SLD client is common for all applications that are using it and therefore plays the role of a standard SLD. Changing the data for the SLD client may have an effect on many applications. We recommend that you consider it carefully.

Procedure

1. 1. To change the default SLD in SAP NetWeaver Administrator, go to                     Configuration Management   Security   Destinations   .
  2. 2. To change the HTTP destination to SLD_Client, enter one of the following URLs:

Note

If you enter a short form of the URL such as the first two above options, the SAP system adds automatically the appropriate path.

Recommendation

If your SLD runs on the same host as AS Java, you can enter localhost instead of the actual host name. The communication works faster and more efficient.

Caution

Both the sending and the receiving AS Java must be configured for Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connections before you can use HTTPS.

For more information, see Configuring the Use of SSL on the AS Java.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if you are planning to include this system to the central SLD then it should point to the Central SLD system.

What is the version of the Portal ?

have you set up the SLD configuration in Visual Admin / NWA ?

Regards

RB