cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Description missing on invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Occasionally we have the problem that the material description is missing on the invoice. We have found some materials were maintained with text in the wrong format and the interface with the legacy system at production site was not 100% working. These issues all have been solved.

But still we are facing problems that on some invoices the material description is missing. I have made a screenshot of the text determination log for an invoice that has this problem. Can anyone tell me what action I need to take?

Screenshot: http://tweakers.net/ext/f/30f902258e06ce3021d5b56cf26908d5/full.jpg

I have found OSS note 112242 for this. I have to discuss this with my coworkers. Could this be the solution for our problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Laros,

If you are referring to the Material master sales text type ZMAT, I observe based on your screen shot,

1. Your first access is based on text object VBBP. which means that it will first looked if there is any text maintained at delivery level (or order level).

2. if it does not find, then only it will go to search the material master for the sales text

As seen from your screen shot, the text determination is able to determine the text from the delivery level as can been seen from the comment associated to it '1 texts could be obtained'. Hence it won't go to the material master.

So problem could be for the ZMAT text in the delivery level(or the order level) for the invoices where the material description is missing...

See if this helps and pls feedback if I have got your question right.

Regards,

Please reward points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sagar. I have checked the delivery where the text should come from. The next screenshot shows what is used for the material master sales text. ZIDC stands for Invoice Description and is normally printed on the invoice.

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/769d5ef923d0c383c459b113282c7bf8/full.jpg

I presume that this field is incorrectly transported/copied to the invoice. Maybe you can advise me?

PS I have to say that I am reasonably new to the system. It is difficult for me, because I have no experience with heavily customized/re-programmed environments. I only have experience with standard SAP and people aren't guiding me very well in this complex system, so it is hard for me to find things out.

Edit: The line "INCLUDE 5011 OBJECT TEXT ID ZIDC LANGUAGE ENG" was found in the item Material Master Sales Text in the invoice in question. Also in Material master the sales text is maintained with the same line.

Message was edited by:

Jan Laros

Message was edited by:

Jan Laros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Laros,

As I understand from your latest post, the material master sales text line in the delivery item is "INCLUDE 5011 OBJECT TEXT ID ZIDC LANGUAGE ENG". And this line is also maintained in the material master.

So we can conclude from this,

1. In the delivery, the text is being copied from the material master.

2. In the invoice, the text is being copied from the delivery.

So if you correct the sales text in the material master with the correct description, the delivery would get the correct description and subsequently the invoice would have the correct description.

see if this helps you,

Please let me know if any concerns or questions

Regards,

Please reward points if inputs are useful,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar, thank you for your analysis. I have checked this material on another invoice with same billing type and text determination procedure. On this invoice the material description is correctly printed. So I have no clue where this went wrong in the previously mentioned invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Laros,

I believe you should take help of Abaper to see from where the description is being printed out on the invoice and trace it back.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have called in help from senior consultants and they have done some datamining. They told me the material sales text is derived from tables STXH and STXL. We are now looking for more examples of invoices without material description to be able to analyze further.

Also I heard that the material sales text is updated through an iDoc (ZAM11l) which updates one material for all sales organizations in one time. This can also be the cause of the problem of course. I'll have the iDocs analyzed when further examples arrive. Thanks for your help for now. I'll keep you posted!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that certain materials don't have the sales text in the right format.In this system the sales text is derived with an INCLUDE command. We now are building a report that detects materials with a sales text not having an INCLUDE command, so that these can be corrected manually. After that the report wil be run on a frequent basis. That way, perhaps we can find the root cause of the problem (in iDocs or the processing function module, or manual changes, etc.)

Everubody, thanks again for your help and I'll keep updating you with my found reults.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it turns out that the report to be built has to go through a channel of boards to be approved. Is there any way we can extract materials with sales text in wrong format? I am thinking about queries, but the tables we have to read are too flat and the structure too complex I think. Is there any other solution to this problem?