cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create 200 users and assign Hybrid app in SCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

In our organization around 200 employees are there, Is it required to create all users in SCC and assign Hybrid Application?

We tried by creating one user in SCC and try to register in two mobiles with same user name and activation code.

In one mobile it got registered but in another mobile it gave “Wrong Device For Code” error in the log.

WE can't user LDAP connection because,

In case of LDAP user name we can see in SCC after his registration. We have to wait for the user to register and then assign the app.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the case of manual you have to register 200 users manually in SCC and assign the app. In the case of automatic whenever the user login using LDAP or SAP or any other security provider it creates a user in scc and later you have to assign the app to the user. But there is a way to create large number of users through the use of SUP server management APIs(note: I haven't tried). More information is here, Hope that answers your question.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun VP,

Thanks for reply, I am looking for this only.

1. In which language we need to write the code android or javascript ?

2. where can we get the .jar or js library files to use AppConnectionRegistrationRequestVO function

3. One more question, Is it possible to create DataVault to store and share credentials using JavaScript and HTML5?

Thanks in advance,

suresh

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. As per the documentation the code is written in Java. It is not depending on a device platform so forget about android.

2. Whether this path helps you, unwired server/AdminClientAPI/com.sybase..../readme

3. I am not sure whether datavault libraries support HTML5 based apps.

- Midhun VP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh babu,

Is your issue resolved?

If yes please guide me how the LDAP server register the 100 users in scc.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanya.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sravanya.,

What is your requirement?

If we use the registration method as "Automatic" ,

Then if the user enter the credentials and save, then user automatically register to SCC.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Suresh,

In device settings do i select the registration spinner as Automatic(Password)?

then what should i enter in username editbox?

Thanks,

Sravanya.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

user name is LDAP user name and pwd LDAP pwd

I am expecting configuration between LDAP and SCC done

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

So after registration, are we manually assign the application to all users?

or Is there any way to create group of users and assign an application to that particular group?

Sravanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

So after registration, are we manually assign the application to all users? --> yes,

You can do same with programming also.

or Is there any way to create group of users and assign an application to that particular group?-->yes

In Afaria It is possible, but in SMP it's not possible.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suresh,

1.  Where should i write a program to assign the application to all users?

2.  Is there any other MDM's which is allowing to create a group of users and assign an hybrid application in smp2.3?

Thanks

Sravanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You may wish to take a look at Application Connection Templates for a no code solution.  You can associate Hybrid Apps to with an application connection template.  If your user successfully authenticates against the security provider specified in your application connection template, the Hybrid Apps will automatically be assigned to the user.

Assigning and Unassigning Hybrid Apps to Application Connection Templates

Thanks,

Andrew.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

We tried by creating one user in SCC and try to register in two mobiles with same user name and activation code.

In one mobile it got registered but in another mobile it gave “Wrong Device For Code” error in the log.

this is very common issue. Once you assign a user (registered in SCC) for a device/simulator, this user will bind to a DEVICE ID. you can check it in SCC under Application connections tab. so same user can not be assigned to other device/simulator.

In case of LDAP user name we can see in SCC after his registration. We have to wait for the user to register and then assign the app.

could you please provide more inputs for your second query?

Regards,

Jitendra