cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD captures the host name of the HANA DB as the Technical system & not the AS ABAP application server host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a distributed system ( HANA is on a different host ) & AS ABAP application server is on a different host . I push the data to SLD from this managed system ( via RZ70 ) . When i check in SLD , i find that the technical system name under WEBAS ABAP is the DB host instead of the Application server host . Could you advise if this is expected behaviour ?

I thought that always the Application server host is shown in SLD as the technical system and not the DB host .

Thanks

Regards

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review note 1052122.

Thanks.

Jim

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to register system based on HANA, SLD should be on minimum support package level. Please refer to below SAP notes for more information.

1649323 - SLD: HANA database enhancement

1673424 - Associate support package for SAP_InstalledKernelComponent

1869701 - Overview of the SLD Data Suppliers of Technical Systems

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny

Thanks for the notes . I am still  unable to fiigure out the standard ( expected ) behaviour of SLD in showing the satellite systems . As i said , HANA server is being displayed in the SLD and not the WEB AS ABAP application server as technical system .

If you look in to the details of the HANA server , it does show that the WEB AS ABAP application host name as the application server .

I expected the WEB AS ABAP server to be shown in the SLD as the technical system

Regards

Nirmal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you read one of the notes then it states it HANA database is created in LMDB as a Technical system.

Thanks,

Sunny