cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Adapter engine(AAE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I read it Advanced adapter engine document in this document they are mention like

1.Local processing is supported only for adapters residing in the Adapter Engine. ABAP based adapters like IDoc/HTTP etc are not supported.                   (IDoc adapter is expected to be moved to Java stack in futurereleases/enhancement packs)

2.ccBPM is not supported as this is a service provided by ABAP stack.

3.ABAP Mapping is not supported.

4.Proxies are not supported.

5.Message splits and content-based routing is not currently possible

If I want to work idoc ,ccbpm and proxy is it needs to be install any files or driver, and one more thing is integration engine not support in AAE.

How the message should be process in AAE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi

AAE means advanced adapter engine which is avalaible from PI version 7.1X.

In AAE the entire message processing takes place in adapter engine. You need to create an Integrated Configuration for ID object.

Only the adapters which are available in java stack can be used in ICO.

So you can not use idoc adapter in ICO unless you are in PI 7.3 version.

Proxy you can use in AAE by using a SOAP adapter. There are some settings that you need to do in ECC for that.

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2012/01/19/michals-pi-tips-how-do-you-activate-abap-...

BPM you can not use in AAE because it is part of abap engine.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sruthi,

If I want to work idoc ,ccbpm and proxy is it needs to be install any files or driver, and one more thing is integration engine not support in AAE.

No, you dont need to install anything more, you need to work with the abap Engine, they are not suported with local processing in the adapter engine, The idoc or proxy go directly between the ECC abap engine to to PI abap engine. The ccBPM needs the PI abap engine simply but you dont need nothing special.

How the message should be process in AAE 

They cant be proccesed by AAE in SAP PI PI 7.1X

I only want to point that in SAP PI 7.3 the idoc, http and proxy are supported in the adapter engine. ABAP mappings and ccBPM are only in the ABAP stack.

Regards.