cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 - details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone help me figure out or give me an overview of using t-code VF04. Also please answer me the below scenario.

Example: I am creating a 5 Sales Orders now. Would I be able to generate 5 proforma invoices using VF04 immediately instead of creating the same one by one in VF01. If yes, what details do I need to input in VF04.

[I would like to create Multiple proforma invoices for multiple sales orders. (5 Sales orders and I want to create 5 proforma invoices)]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Delfina,

Please check in sales order level In which billing date is determind and check which sales area are using in sales order level,

we need to check in enter billing date range in VF04 ,this date is same in sales order level billing date is same then only we can see list of sales orders in VF04 detils.

We need to check this related to order related billing or delivery related billing

This is important notes is correct then only we should get items in VF04 billing due list

Please check and confirm me,If you are any doubts please let me know

Warm regards

murali krishna

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Delfina,

Please, see this post http://scn.sap.com/thread/3457625

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edurado,

I did go thru the post mentioned. I still have few questions. For example, I am creating 5 sales orders now, I mean today..Would I be able to view those 5 orders in VF04 immediately? Can I use only the 5 sales order numbers to get into VF04. Thank you

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can enhance VF04 to filter the documents. See SAP Note 16711 - Work lists: All items are selected

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Example: I am creating a 5 Sales Orders now. Would I be able to generate 5 proforma invoices using VF04 immediately instead of creating the same one by one in VF01. If yes, what details do I need to input in VF04"

In VF04, enter the date range & relevant sales area and if necessary give any selection criteria based on requirement

Select the document to be selected, say for example..order related, as in your case.

In the Default data tab, enter the proforma billing type you want to generate.

Execute the list. You will see the list of orders to be billed. Ensure that proper copy controls are maintained, if you don't see the list as expected.

From the list select the list of docs for which you want to generate proforma & click on "Collective Billing Document" option. This will create the proforma invoices.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thank you for that explanation. I will tell you the scenario that I have been thru.

For eg: I am creating a 3 Sales order now. I am giving the Billing date in VF04 and clicking on "DisplayBillList", and I do not see the 3 Sales orders that I have created now. Do you know why that data is not pulled?

In what cases the Sales orders would appear in VF04?

How do I receive a pdf copy of the proforma invoices as a bulk?

Thank you.

Regards,

Delfina

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would I be able to view those 5 orders in VF04 immediately?

Can I use only the 5 sales order numbers to get into VF04

For these sort of queries, I request you to try in your system first, check whether system is working as expected.  If not, post here what the issue is.  SCN team expects members to put some efforts before posting which you may go through the forum rules.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For eg: I am creating a 3 Sales order now. I am giving the Billing date in VF04 and clicking on "DisplayBillList", and I do not see the 3 Sales orders that I have created now. Do you know why that data is not pulled?

In what cases the Sales orders would appear in VF04?

You should have the relevant copy controls for order related billing. You should be able to get the list if you have maintained the copy control (Similar to OR & F5 in VTFA) & check the order related billing option in VF04.

Regards,

Umesh

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Here the issue is why these 3 Sales orders are not coming--Please try these 3 documents once with VF01--(But don't save them)...

If it allows in VF01 then not coming in VF04--means your data in VF04--is not satisfied with Sales order's.

So now you need to check First the billing date then relevant  Copy controls...

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

I am able to process these 3 SO's in VF01 but not I am unable to find it in VF04. I had actually placed a block on the sales orders I created. Would this be the reason why its not reflecting?

Thank you.

Delfina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thank you for the response. I am now working on vf04 trying to find ways to pull the Sales orders.  I am trying all means to get this done but for some reason the Sales orders do not reflect in VF04. I think its because of the block in the order.

I am able to generate only one proforma invoice at a time in VF01. Is there any way that we can generate as a bulk? May be a 5 or 6.

Thank you.

Delfina

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Block means what??Credit block or delivery blocks or billing blocks...

Pl let us know..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery blocks.

Delfina

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arey dear,

Delivery block means what you have given--standard one or created one...

Please give the complete info and some background of block--so you will get prompt answers from members---any way please go through this link ,may help you.--Pl read the complete thread(not in the way you answering incomplete)--then you will get where to search...

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/sales-order-item-category-and-vf04-4...

Phanikumar