cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files on Content Server not deleted with Report MCDOKDEL?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

If I delete an attached file within transaction CV02N I can see that on content server 2 files will be deleted and used disc space will be reduced.

So far so good.

But if I run report MCDOKDEL for marked DIR (document info records) it seems that the files on content server are NOT deleted.

Are there any known issues for this behavior?

Regards,
Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We did some more test with report MCDOKDEL.

And, behold, it seems to work fine and the files on content server are deleted, too.

In fact, I do not know, why we thought that the files on content server are not deleted.

I apologize for the circumstances.

Regards and Servus!

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

MCDOKDEL doesn't delete files from content server. You can use CDESK transaction code to delete files from CS and also the link.

Regards,

Hassan

0 Kudos

Dear Hassan,

Many thanks for your help regarding CDESK.

But it seems that this is the same underlying procedure as with CV02N. And, yes, with CV02N I can delete a file from DIR and then it will be deleted correctly from content server.

But the issue is: How to delete all DIR (document info record) which have a deletion mark in one step and also the attached files has to be deleted from contet server.

With report MCDOKDEL I can delete the DIRs, but the file will be an orphan on content server and will lost its  mother (which was a DIR, which is now deleted through report MCDOKEL).

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I would still suggest you CDESK because it work for both mass deletion and the one with deletion indicator.

In CDESK go to "Document List" tab -->"Find" this will take you to CV04n transaction. Search for all documents with deletion flag indicator and execute. This will give you all the documents with deletion flag, then select all and delete all the docs.

Seems to be more steps but once you start executing it, you will find it very helpful.

Regards,

Hassan

0 Kudos

Dear Hassan,

Many thansk for some more hints.

But if I use "Delete Document":

... the document info records will not be deleted, only "marked for deletion"

(what they have been before ... !?)

My question is still: How to kill documents and files in one step?

Or have I forget anything?

Regards,

Markus

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

normally in DMS you first have to set the "deletion indicator" for the document info record and then the report MCDOKDEL could be used to remove the document data from your system.

Another option could be to use the BAPI_DOCUMENT_DELETE_DIRECT.

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hallo Christoph,

Danke für die Rückmeldung!

Of course, we set the deletion flag before running MCDOKDEL.

And with MCDOKDEL the DIS will be deleted (complete) from data base.

But! the uploaded files will not be deleted from content server. This is my pain.

Servus,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hallo Christoph,

Yes, with FM BAPI_DOCUMENT_DELETE_DIRECT the DIS will be deleted and also the files from content server. But we have to be very carefully. This FM does not check the deletion flag. It shoots everything (isch ja Jagdsaison).

Servus,

Markus