cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have one requirement in MIC result recording.

We are using 3-MIC’s 

Water-01, Water-02 and Water-03.

Requirement is whenever we do the result recording for Water-01 and Water-02,

then difference between Water-01 –Water-02 value should be get updated in Water-03 automatically.

Example:

Water-01 = 7

Water-02 = 5

Then Water-03 should be 2(Water-03 =Water-01 – Water-02).

Could you please guide me how to configure this requirement?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

this can easily be achieved. You need to mark the MIC Water 3 as calculated char (in control indicators under formula).

Next when you assign it to inspection plan along with Water 1 and water 2, it will ask you to enter the formula.

lets say Water 1 is 10,  water 2 is 20 and water 3 is 30. when you enter water 3 and hit enter, a screen will come asking for the formula under quantitative tab. Enter C00010-C00020 and save.

Now when you record the result, Water 3 would be updated based on two entries you make.

Please revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ntn,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I couldn’t find “You need to mark the MIC Water 3 as calculated char (in control indicators under formula)”.

Could you please guide me where I need to mark?

Regards,

Vijay

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Go to QS23 and click on control indicators. In the second screen of it, you mark it for formula calculation as shown below,

Pl check and let me know if you face any further issue.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ntn,

Can we use this functionality for different operations?

I mean Water 1 is assigned to first operation.

Water 2 assigned to Second operation and Water 3 assigned to 3rd operation.

Regards,

Vijay

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you assign these three MICs to three different operations, then how would you get them for result recording in one screen together?? I don't think if that is possible by some means (at least none that I'm aware of).

And if that is really your requirement, then I would suggest you to raise another query for that so that our QM experts can respond to you for different operation logic.

And may kindly close this thread if original query of formula calculation is solved.

Regards,

ntn 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this requirement by Calc. Formula only.

1. Tick Calc. Characteristic under Formula in Control Indicator of MIC (Water 3) as per explained by ntn.

2. At the time of Inspection Plan enter Formula as per attached screen shot.

3. Result Recording, Enter the value of Water 1, Water 2 & Close the Characteristic.

4. Click on Evaluate Formula Button, then System will automatic calculate the value of Water 3 as per attached SS.