Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Update Afaria 7.0 to SP3.0 Default Administrator no access to AdminUI

FlorianBaehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I updated my afaria server from 7.o to SP3. Before I had only one user, the default administrator.

After updating, the default Admin cannot access the AdminUI. Errormessage is:

"Unauthorized: Acces is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permissions to view this directory page usinge the credentials that you supplied".

I reinstalled the Afaria Server, Afaria API and Afaria AdminUI without results.

How can I check, if the user has the right and if the user has a role?

Best Regards, Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FlorianBaehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Peter & Chetan,

Thanks for your advise. But when I try to login with the service account, i get the Error "API Services are not available". Detail: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

When I refresh the page, then I get the Error "Tenant ID has not been initialized, use SetTenantIDContext".

But I can't use the WebUI to set the Tenant ID, because I can't login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You need to be very sure that you actually login using the service account 🙂

Also make sure the API service is started.

Did you test the API connection when you installed the Admin UI ? This is important.

Sybase has this KB about the issue: http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=8494 with this solution:

Login as an Afaria service account to access Afaria administrator and/or add the user account in question to Afaria server role. If the user account is already part of the server role then re-save the User by deleting the User and adding the User again.

Mvh

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the API services Running and you login with service account.

For more details you can refer the above link post by Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a similar problem... I can loggin with the service account user admin but I need two different admin users to access the adminUI, I add the other admin user to the server roles but I can't loggin with this user....

Is this possible? I also add an help desk user role (an accout user aswell) and can't login neither...

I can only loggin with the the default user account service....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thats the proper process which you had done you need to add the id and give the roles.

Try adding 1 id and give administrator rights

Former Member
0 Kudos

First login will be dydefault the service account ( Account details you mention at time installation).

Once installation complete you can assign the roles for new id .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only the service account has the right to login the first time but it might also be that you have setup auth to use LDAP or AD and then you must use your UPN (user@domain.com) to login and not your domain\user name

BR

Peter