cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-Stack ascs mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum, did a heterogen system copy of PI NW711. We kept the dual-Stack. Now I am wondering about a ascs intance wich was intalled altough

I did not install with the HA option. Is the ascs mandatory for this scenario, or is that an installation error?

Thanks for your answers

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I think SAP has made it mandatory to install ASCS with every Dual stack SAP system ( Standard & Distributed ). I have pasted the extract from a  PI System installation guide.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

Can you please tell me which PI release installation guide you are referring above?

Thanks,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

The Above screen capture was from the System Installation guide of " SAP_NetWeaver_73_ABAPJava_for_Process_Integration_on_Linux11307026847" . 

Ihave checked the installation guide of PI 7.1 ( below link ) and it says the same.. ASCS Instance is no longer an optional component in Standard system.

Link : https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

I hope it clarifies your query.

Regards,

Mudasir

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

It's very strange as we have PI 7.11 environment and we don't have ASCS instance.

Even in below installation guide it is nowhere mentioned that ASCS is compulsory for PI 7.11 installation.

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002025612008E/nw711_linux_ora_pi.pdf

I believe the Installation guide you are referring to is updated with new installation option (7.3).

Thanks,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answers!

Before the system copy we also didnt have the ASCS. But the installation was done with a "old" sapinst. With the newest (swpm 71x-and higher) ASCS comes up. In fact, the old guide and new guide differ in that point.

Thanks for the hint!!!

Andreas

Answers (0)