cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the input in adobe form after submit the form .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to disable the  input in adobe form after submit the form but I have taken submit button in view not in the form .

after click the submit button to update the form data in table , i need the to disable the entry in form .Please let me know

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HCM P&F does this by having another param in the context for "read only" that is passed via ISR interface to the form. When the user clicks a button in the view (outside the form window), the WDA app sets this param. Then script in the form for EVERY control checks this param when the form loads and will either enable/disable the control accordingly. You could do something similar.

You will see FormCalc code like this for every "form ready" event for each control in the form....

//Check ISR control parameters for read/write access

if($record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_MODE == "DISPLAY" |     

$record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_FORM_VIEW =="ISR_APPROVE" )   then

this.access = "readOnly"

endif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know where do i place the above code,should i cope this in button action or any another place .

Former Member
ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is WAY more than just that chunk of code. As I said, you need something in the context (set by your button) that can be read by the form to then know to disable/enable....then you can do it for EACH control in your form or set at the top node level and disable the entire form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christopher,

But i couldnt get ur answer ,could you please brief me that what to exactly .that might be very useful to me .

Thanks

Balakrishna