cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC62 fails to create new CVCs from a background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use Tidal Enterprise Scheduler to launch many ECC/APO/SCM jobs. When using it to launch /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN (using a specific variant) on our production box, it fails to create new CVCs. If I use MC62 to run the same variant in a background job using my own ID, it successfully

creates new CVCs. Here are some specifics about our problem:

* It does not generate any errors, other than "No new characteristics combinations were loaded" and "No planning objects created"

* This process (running /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN via Tidal) works in Q, but it has never worked in P

* Tidal uses an ID that has SAP_ALL authority

* The user account that the Tidal job uses has the exact same settings and roles in Q as it does in P

Our in-house security analyst debugged the problem, and could not find a security-related issue. This is what she said about her testing:

"Per our conversation, I wanted to confirm that the TIDAL_APO user in QF1and PF1 match exactly - they both have SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW.  I traced the id in Q and PF1, the traces are identical, with no return code errors. I checked SU01 user parameters and they match as well. The issue with the

job has to be somewhere else."

Why would this fail to work in production, yet work normally in QA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Check whether note 1855921 helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the CVCs are being loaded from an InfoProvider, not from a file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Interesting..

Did you check the variant? I assume you have chosen generate immediately / background and through an info provider you are getting the required characteristics. There is a date range specified under the version which is used to read the infocube and fetch only related data.

Check if you have added any dynamic date in the production variants and it's reading properly. If this date range doesn't exists in infocube also you will not get CVC generated.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked the variant. Let me clarify:

• VariantX lives in both Prod and QA.
  • When Tidal submits VariantX in QA, it works.
  • When Tidal submits VariantX in Prod, it fails.
  • When I submit VariantX using my ID in Prod, it works.

Since the Tidal ID has SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW in both Prod and QA, this should work in both environments, but it only works in QA.

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Have you tried to run a trace when executing this one in Prod? It will show you if you have any security issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, my first post said that our in-house security analyst ran a trace in Q (where the process works) and P (where it fails), and the traces were identical, with no return code errors.