cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES Load History - Planning Book Selection Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not capable of loading any history for any of the Planning Books that are set up in IDES.  I see that some Planning Books have Selection Profiles while others do not.  Below is an example where the Selection Profile exists but when I add All Products there is no history.  I can manually add History. 

It would also be helpful to understand the relation of the Planning Books to the Organization.  Is IDES one company or are there multiple independent companies. 

Any documentation that would just clarify IDES and the setup would be helpful, I have some experience with SAP APO both functionality and configuration but just can't seem to get started "off and running". 

Help this dummy so he can help others.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think that you need to input/create the data by yourself, or, create your own MPOS, planning area, CVC, planning version and test the functionalities in the system. Below is some general information for IDES system (not specific to SCM systems).

---

IDES demo systems and IDES demo landscapes are copies of SAP internal demo systems with the data of the IDES model company in several clients. The IDES systems can support demos, functional and tests, self-study or functional evaluation based on the preconfigured data/clients. IDES must not be used in production!
The IDES systems do not contain training data that are used in the SAP training courses.
Customer training etc. based on the IDES systems are not supported.

Hardware Requirements
The version specific hardware requirements can be found in the specific IDES notes.
Additionally the sizing tools from SAP can be used. Please have a look at the SAP Service Marketplace, Quicklink "sizing" (http://service.sap.com/sizing)

IDES Data/ IDES Client
IDES is installed as a separate system with it's own set of data in different clients!
The IDES model cannot be merged into an existing system nor should IDES be merged with other models.
Client transports are not availble.

Demo-Content / Training Data
IDES-Systems that are shipped to customers are copies from SAP internal demo systems and not from the SAP training systems that you might know from SAP training courses.
The clients used in the courses and the data used in the courses are NO included in the IDES shipment.
The latest training system available for customers is the IDES TS 4.6B (Mat.Nr.51012488 and 51012489). You can order this system by opening an OSS-message to component XX-IDES.

Support Packages
IDES specific Support Packages do not exist.
Standard SAP Support Packages can be applied to the IDES systems. If problems occur during the import phase (for example due to modificationsin the IDES System), please open an OSS message to component XX-IDES. Kernel Updates / Kernel Patches are recommended!

Unicode
Currently the IDES systems are not available as unicode versions.
IDES can only be ordered as non unicode systems.

Ordering
The IDES systems can be ordered via the Software Catalog of the SAP Service Marketplace (http:service.sap.com/swcat -> SAP IDES)

----------

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada,

These are the items I am trying to understand. 

I am not expecting the training data, but rather the data of the IDES model company.

Why can't I acces the data in my image above? 

How can I get the data of the IDES model company from one of the clients? 

Can you provide an example regarding "several clients"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Ada wrote:

IDES demo systems and IDES demo landscapes are copies of SAP internal demo systems with the data of the IDES model company in several clients. The IDES systems can support demos, functional and tests, self-study or functional evaluation based on the preconfigured data/clients.

IDES Data/ IDES Client

IDES is installed as a separate system with it's own set of data in different clients!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada, and other users who have responded to my question.

I have attached an image.  If I select a Planning Book and a Selection Profile I am asked to initialize a Planning Area.  I don't know which PA corresponds to the Planning Book I have chosen or if I am supposed to initialize 000 Actuals or 001 Active?

Does this help clarify my original question of not having data in any of the KFs?

Ada thank you for you help I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

There can be multiple planning books created for a single planning area.

A planning area is the central control area of your planning which integrates your master data (Product, location) with your transaction data(different Key figure values).

If you do not know, which particular planning book you want to use, please go to the transaction

/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and check any planning area which has 'Green' light - means has some planning version initiated. Right click on that planning area and select 'details'.

In the details, you can find the linked planning book. Use that planning book in your interactive planning and you will not get the above message. After accessing the /SAPAPO/SDP94 transaction, make sure you are selecting the above planning book and data view

If the planning book you captured in the screen is the right one, then initialize it for the active planning version 000.

I see that in your first screen shot with the selection different planning book is selected.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, M. Manimaran.

Your directions helped.  After following them I was able to load history for some of the Planning Books/Data Views. 

I also noticed that some Planning Books did not contain any history which was frustrating and led to my question.  In addition, I realized that if I selected ALL Products or certain selection profiles I would not get the history because not all products had history.

Really appreciate the help!

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still looking for help?  Can anyone provide any information on what I need to get started or what I am misunderstanding?

Thank you.